+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double eTAs Canada

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
I just got my letter of introduction of study permit with an eTA, but before than I received the letter I applied for an eTAs by my own.

My question is:

Would it prevent me to board my flight if the authorities realized I hold double eTAs?
Which eTAs information is my passport linked in?

I am worry about it, I would appreciate any helpfull feedback.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I just got my letter of introduction of study permit with an eTA, but before than I received the letter I applied for an eTAs by my own.

My question is:

Would it prevent me to board my flight if the authorities realized I hold double eTAs?
Which eTAs information is my passport linked in?

I am worry about it, I would appreciate any helpfull feedback.
As long as you have at least one valid eTA, you are good to go.

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
As long as you have at least one valid eTA, you are good to go.
The problem is that my old eTA I input a wrong answer about previous visas refusal. Instead of “Yes” I put “No” (now I checked on the Canadian government page that this eTA is cancelled, seems is because the a new eTA is issued of my study permit) and when I applied for my study permit I declared the truth that I had been rejected applying for the USA visa. My concern is I will have problems in boarding since the officers may realize the information doesn’t match and I will be prevented from boarding? I’m really worry about it, I will flying in next week, please help!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
The problem is that my old eTA I input a wrong answer about previous visas refusal. Instead of “Yes” I put “No” (now I checked on the Canadian government page that this eTA is cancelled, seems is because the a new eTA is issued of my study permit) and when I applied for my study permit I declared the truth that I had been rejected applying for the USA visa. My concern is I will have problems in boarding since the officers may realize the information doesn’t match and I will be prevented from boarding? I’m really worry about it, I will flying in next week, please help!
I just have an observation. If they saw that you changed the information from the old eTA, why would they grant you the study permit? Obviously you have done the right thing by declaring the USA refusal. If they didn't want you to come, they would have rejected the study permit application in the first place. What's the fun in approving your eTA and then refusing you once you reach Canada. They will have had the information of your previous applications when making your study permit decision.

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
I just have an observation. If they saw that you changed the information from the old eTA, why would they grant you the study permit? Obviously you have done the right thing by declaring the USA refusal. If they didn't want you to come, they would have rejected the study permit application in the first place. What's the fun in approving your eTA and then refusing you once you reach Canada. They will have had the information of your previous applications when making your study permit decision.
Probably you’re right. Although I have read recently many posts that they weren’t able to board a flight because they didn’t put the right answer on their eTA application. Or maybe I’m just paranoid

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Probably you’re right. Although I have read recently many posts that they weren’t able to board a flight because they didn’t put the right answer on their eTA application. Or maybe I’m just paranoid
Airlines don't have your previous eTA applications. You have a valid eTA , therefore you can board the flight. Only person who can refuse you entry is the border officials in Canada. Seeing as they have granted your study permit, I don't see why they would deny you because of that. Relax, stay cool, and most important thing is that you should be honest when asked a question by border officials.

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
Airlines don't have your previous eTA applications. You have a valid eTA , therefore you can board the flight. Only person who can refuse you entry is the border officials in Canada. Seeing as they have granted your study permit, I don't see why they would deny you because of that. Relax, stay cool, and most important thing is that you should be honest when asked a question by border officials.
Thank you for motivating me. Hofefully it doesnt that serious than I think.