+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dont wish to sponser spouse from pakistan: in big trouble : HELP !

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Princess_123 said:
No I don't and I see your point, they won't do that. but our relationship isn't genuine, we haven't spent time together, we don't talk much like married couples do, it's just messed up. Only nikkah is done, and that usually results in applications being denied right?
Nikah only cases are not rejected, that is the biggest misconception. All you need is the nikah nama to prove you are married, for nikah only cases they usually tend to prolong the processing time to access the genuineness of the relationship not it's legitimacy.
So what you will be doing is prolonging this mess instead of ending it. After being approved for sponsorship [which you will] as there not much of needed to be approved as a sponsor. You will be forcing everyone to be stuck in a 2-3 year limbo.

Princess_123 said:
What do you mean by it was all for pr?
he/she was assuming you have already filed the application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you faked a ceremony for immigration purposes you would be committing the CRIMINAL act of misrepresentation if you submit that information to CIC. You could find yourself in serious trouble. Likewise, any attempt to submit a sponsorship application based on a fraudulent relationship declaration...

zoo12

May 24, 2014
fizz1234 said:
Nikah only cases are not rejected, that is the biggest misconception. All you need is the nikah nama to prove you are married, for nikah only cases they usually tend to prolong the processing time to access the genuineness of the relationship not it's legitimacy.
So what you will be doing is prolonging this mess instead of ending it. After being approved for sponsorship [which you will] as there not much of needed to be approved as a sponsor. You will be forcing everyone to be stuck in a 2-3 year limbo.
he/she was assuming you have already filed the application.
Oh really I didn't know that, but in terms of genuineness, we spent no time with eachother, we don't really talk on the phone everyday or text much, so won't this lead to it not being proved genuine?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
EDIT: If sponsorship isn't even started yet then look for a way to divorce him

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
zoo12 said:
Oh really I didn't know that, but in terms of genuineness, we spent no time with eachother, we don't really talk on the phone everyday or text much, so won't this lead to it not being proved genuine?
It may lead to that but will take years looking at Pakistani sponsorship time lines.Seriously your cowards way out is looking so bad I'm having a hard time putting it in words

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Princess_123 said:
What do you mean by it was all for pr?
I mean that the marriage was for pr purposes ? Was it for pr ? Or it was a genuine marriage , I don't really understand . Were you and him doing it solely for him to migrate ?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
You can tell CIC that it was a forced marriage due to family pressure. You can withdraw sponsorship & tell CIC ONLY to contact you about the matter. You can later tell your family that CIC has refused to issue the visa because they don't think the relationship was real and out of free will.
Man... I'm from Pakistan too & I'm so lucky not to have the typical cultural bs in the family... So sorry about your situation.
Those who are ridiculing this girl don't understand how difficult navigating this could be.
Let me know if I can help you more.
Much love!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Many guys from Pakistan would marry girls from the US, Canada, EU etc just so that they can live abroad. They don't explicitly state this to their spouses at the time of the marriage. Arranged marriages have this factor & are often supported by the guy's parents. I'm not making this up. There is a reason CIC introduced the conditional PR thing and it is solely to weed out such sorry-a** people.

Obronibini said:
I mean that the marriage was for pr purposes ? Was it for pr ? Or it was a genuine marriage , I don't really understand . Were you and him doing it solely for him to migrate ?

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Fill in the paperwork . When it asks you to describe how your marriage is genuine, include a letter that describes how you feel, that you don't love him, hardly know him and don't want to live with him. Be honest. To do otherwise would be to committ misrepresentation. This will also result in CIC not approving the marriage as genuine.

Oh another way, go on welfare. That will make you ineligable to sponsor.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
steerpike said:
Oh another way, go on welfare. That will make you ineligable to sponsor.
I am hoping this was a joke? Forcing society's taxpayers to give the OP money just so her parents don't get mad at her is ridiculous.

To the OP: Lying and being deceitful will do nothing but prolong the inevitable. It's like a bandaid. It hurts at first but sometimes you just have to rip it off because the pain stops faster that way.

M

mikeymyke

It's cases like this, no wonder why Pakistan has the world's longest processing time and the strict requirement of "All documents must be originals, no photocopies". I don't know if it's because Pakistan is a truly horrible country to live in and everyone wants to get out by any means, whether applying as refugee, or marriage fraud, or creating fraudulent documents.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
It's cases like this, no wonder why Pakistan has the world's longest processing time and the strict requirement of "All documents must be originals, no photocopies". I don't know if it's because Pakistan is a truly horrible country to live in and everyone wants to get out by any means, whether applying as refugee, or marriage fraud, or something else.
It doesn't just apply to Pakistan. It is one of the reasons why Canada, as a whole, has a longer process than say USA or England. Canada has to scrutinize each application to every last detail from many countries which hurts you and I the most as you know. I don't care what the situation is, faking a wedding to get a PR makes me angry and I find myself thinking "this is why I have to wait 30 months to be with my wife". I just would not want to help this person. If that makes me selfish, I guess I am.

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
It doesn't just apply to Pakistan. It is one of the reasons why Canada, as a whole, has a longer process than say USA or England. Canada has to scrutinize each application to every last detail from many countries which hurts you and I the most as you know. I don't care what the situation is, faking a wedding to get a PR makes me angry and I find myself thinking "this is why I have to wait 30 months to be with my wife". I just would not want to help this person. If that makes me selfish, I guess I am.
Yes, true that. I know the true battle lies ahead waiting after AOR2, but as you can see me, even just waiting for AOR1 was nerve wracking enough :D

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Yes, true that. I know the true battle lies ahead waiting after AOR2, but as you can see me, even just waiting for AOR1 was nerve wracking enough :D
I remember haha. I'm feeling a sense of deja vu right this moment.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Check the name "Pricess123". This Canadian princess went to Pakistan to marry. Why didn't she find her Canadian price here?

The OP has not filed for sponsorship yet, she is still being asked by parents to FILL the forms.
As far as CIC is concerned, there is nothing yet for them to do, cuz there is NO FILE YET.

OP went abroad, she is an adult. She got married, she signed marriage papers. Why did she do that ?? Did they force her at gun-point?
Now that she is back in Canada, she doesn't like the guy for whatever reasons. What exactly are the reasons?
Is he illiterate, or lacks the traits of a decent man ?

OP, I suggest to you, either give the marriage a chance, or end your Nikkah as soon as possible. Talk to your husband immediately and directly.
Please be an adult, call him and let him know. Do not ruin multiple lives by letting them hang in between. This is not some hollywood film where it's all rosy all the time.
Every couple has things about each other that u like, and things u don't like. But people live together and tolerate it. You will never find
a perfect husband or wife, only GOD is perfect.

Not only are you putting yourself into agony, but you're putting others, including parents, through it. Please be an adult and either end it or accept it.
Nikah is a serious undertaking in the religion. It's time you be honest with everyone involved.

Whatever decision you make, you will have to live with it. Best to decide it right away.
Don't let others wait because you cannot make a decision.