+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DONE! with MINIMUM proof (details inside)

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
my wife just got an email telling her to go pick up her passport with the visa stamped on it today :) soooo happy!

I'll write details about my process because I am sure this will give hope to people worrying about if they submitted enough 'proof of genuine relationship'

first here is my timeline

June 3 - sent application to Mississauga
July 7 - Sponsorship approved and sent to Damascus
July 13 - Began processing application at Damascus office
Sep 30 - Requested passport via email
Oct 13 - sent email saying passport is ready
so 1 month in Canada, 3 months in Damascus

my whole marriage thing was done quick. I went back home to Jordan (after 11 years of being in Canada) to visit my sick grandpa and had no intentions of getting married, saw a girl that I knew when I was lil, liked her, proposed, and got married within 3 days and went back to Canada.

We did not have a wedding or honeymoon(no time for one since I had to leave quick). we just wrote up the contract and signed then produced some documents (marriage certificate, police report etc).

That said, I had zero proof of relationship prior to marriage (since we didn't talk for 11 years), and I sent the package 2 weeks after our 'marriage date' so there was no proof after marriage either.

here is what I sent for Evidence:

marriage certificate
1 western union money transfer
10 pictures of the day of our marriage at her house (just me and her, couple with her mom and dad)

that's it, no emails, no phone records, no letters, no receipts, no wedding pix, no honeymoon pix. nothing. We planned to have our wedding when her paperwork is done, then go on a honeymoon.

after posting on here, people scared the **** out of me telling me I didn't send enough proof, so I prepared a 2nd package with some emails from time of marriage till the day of. I sent it, but we got the passport request letter before my 2nd package got reviewed by Damascus.

sooo happy now!!!

so not to say that you SHOULDN'T be sending proof, but just giving people who don't really have a lot of 'evidence' some HOPE knowing that it is not a MUST to have 100 pix and 1000 pages of emails etc. If you have it then by all means, u should send it, but if you don't, don't stress too much.

Special thanks to everyone that helped me out on this forum, I really appreciate it. you guys are awesome! I wish you all a speedy process and hopefully everyone will be with their loved ones very very soon!!

now I have to sit here at working pretending to be working while I jump up and down in my chair haha

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Al.Abed!
That was fast! At least some visa offices know how to process applications in a timely manner, unlike others . . .

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Waouuu, congrats, that was realy fast...from this forum I can see that Damascus office is realy quick, maybe because they have a huge number of officer...
yalla good luck,

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
thank you for posting this

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that's really excellent news, Al.Abed ! congratulations!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Suin said:
that's really excellent news, Al.Abed ! congratulations!

well back in 2006 when i did my application it was pretty fast too...
i mean....
i was sponsored by my ex partner (the asshole broke up with me 8 months after i moved to canada)...as a conjugal partner...
we sent the application in December 2006 in Missisauga and not in the Rome office, we received the first acceptance from Missisauga in January 17th, Certificat de selection du quebec in March and final visa on my passport on April 15th...
I would like to ask you some additional questions if possible

i am a permanent resident (it s been 2 ys and a half that I am in Canada and I am a phd student) and i have been sponsored by my ex partner who left me after 8 months i was in canada...
right now it s been almost 1 years and 8 month that i have another partner, italian also, who lives in paris....thanks to him and his job (flight attendant) we used to travel a lot from canada to paris (where he lives) to see each other...like 3 flights for only short week ends...all been proved ....i know it could sound crazy but u know it s love...expecially because having the italian passport and canadian permanent residency it s easier for me to go there than him to come to canada..
we discussed the other day and we would like him to immigrate to canada...CAN I SPONSOR HIM? and how many chances we have if i am a permanent resident as a sponsor?
I dont know if canada has special regards towards same sex couple as we are, we also are planning to have a civil union here in france (could be considered as a plus in Canada?

or if we got a civil union in Canada could be counted, even if nor of us is a canadian citizen?
thank u for your answer

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
rorita_76 said:
Waouuu, congrats, that was realy fast...from this forum I can see that Damascus office is realy quick, maybe because they have a huge number of officer...
yalla good luck,
quite probable Rorita, last count....Damascus has 14 officers, and poor Cairo only has 5 :(. If Cairo processes 185,000 applications alone, I would hate to fathom how many Syria processes.....

how are you doing by the way? :)

s'lam Rasha

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Rasha, how are you, I am good and everything is fine with me...how things with you, hope your husband has adjust to the life in Canada...witch by the way LIKE IT VERY MUCH...:))))