+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Done my landing...Those that already have PR card...How long to wait?

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
I did a search on the site and didn't see a tracker for receiving the PR card, probably because those that have gotten it no longer log on to the site now that their immigration journey is over. I did my landing yesterday and now wondering how long till my PR card arrives

The website currently says 36 calendar days, but wanted to track actual times on this PNP forum.

Here are my timelines, please add yours

VISA ISSUED: March 26 2013
LANDED: (Living in Canada Already) - officially landed April 6 2013
Applied for urgent processing or PR card: No
PR Card received: Not yet

Calgary27

Apr 5, 2013
ontariobankerpnp said:
I did a search on the site and didn't see a tracker for receiving the PR card, probably because those that have gotten it no longer log on to the site now that their immigration journey is over. I did my landing yesterday and now wondering how long till my PR card arrives

The website currently says 36 calendar days, but wanted to track actual times on this PNP forum.

Here are my timelines, please add yours

VISA ISSUED: March 26 2013
LANDED: (Living in Canada Already) - officially landed April 6 2013
Applied for urgent processing or PR card: No
PR Card received: Not yet
between 30 to 45 days generally.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
I'm also in that stage now. Landed on March 19th and still waiting. I need my PR card to travel, and to get a permanent SIN. It seems that this stage is much more predictable anyway, so that's why you don't see a lot of people sharing information here.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
essy86 said:
I'm also in that stage now. Landed on March 19th and still waiting. I need my PR card to travel, and to get a permanent SIN. It seems that this stage is much more predictable anyway, so that's why you don't see a lot of people sharing information here.
You can get a permanent SIN using your CPR + the Visa on your passport

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
You can get a permanent SIN using your CPR + the Visa on your passport
I haven't actually gone to a Service Canada center to ask, because I saw this: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/publication/soc_ins_num_eng.shtml

If you are a permanent resident, provide one of the following documents issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada:
  • Permanent Resident Card (this is the only acceptable document if you applied for your permanent residency from within Canada);
Have you been successful in getting a new SIN without the card?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
essy86 said:
I haven't actually gone to a Service Canada center to ask, because I saw this: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/publication/soc_ins_num_eng.shtml

Have you been successful in getting a new SIN without the card?
I landed yesterday. I have read this too. Thought CPR and Visa will be enough even if you applied from within Canada, I mean what's the difference?!

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
U can apply for SIN, with copy of COPR, u will get number right away but card will come in 2 weeks

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mysteryocean said:
U can apply for SIN, with copy of COPR, u will get number right away but card will come in 2 weeks
Yes, that is what CIC officer told me, but I haven't gone to service Canada yet.

silverdoe

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
02-25-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Hi guys!

What type of financial docs did you bring with you upon landing in Canada and later declared to the immigration officer?

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Even if you are an inland applicant?
I think he knew that I'm inland applicant from my documents, but not quite sure.

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
silverdoe said:
Hi guys!

What type of financial docs did you bring with you upon landing in Canada and later declared to the immigration officer?
I brought my bank statements and my employment information. BUT.... the CIC lady was not interested in seeing anything other than my passport with immigration visa as well as my COPR. I had a whole folder full of supporting information and didn't use any of it.

And to answer the questions that came up on this thread earlier, the lady also told me I could immediately apply for a permanent SIN and health card without waiting for a PR Card. I'm planning on doing both this week and will update on how that went.

Also, one more interesting thing. You know how it says on the website that you cannot travel on commercial carrier without PR card, but you can drive across the border in a personal car without it? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=64&t=10&expand=b

Well, here's an interesting tidbit. If you were still on valid status before you landed, i.e. you had a valid visa and either a valid work permit or study permit, then you can leave and come back on a plane with those documents even without a PR card.

She said that the reason for the PR card requirement is not because you'll be refused entry into Canada by CIC...they'll let you back in the country on the basis of your COPR (same as they would do at a road border crossing)... The problem is actually the commercial carrier who will not allow you onto the plane/train/ship/bus...without a PR card. BUT if you have valid status and show them the other valid visa and work permit, then they will let you board.

Interesting, isn't it. takes the pressure off for me if i ever needed to do any urgent travel before the PR card arrives.

NotAufcx

Feb 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012 (ECAS received date)
Nomination.....
21-07-2010 (got CSQ at interview that day)
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
Med's Request
27-09-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
07-12-2012 (ECAS in process)
Passport Req..
13-02-2013 (RPRF, no visa needed)
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013 (got COPR in mail)
LANDED..........
06-03-2013 (2 hours after getting COPR, was already here)
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Are you positive?
I did mine with my COPR and passport. And I've already gotten the card.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hey folks, I'd also like to confirm that I indeed received my permanent SIN without the PR card, and I applied from within Canada.