+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Done my landing...Those that already have PR card...How long to wait?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
essy86 said:
Hey folks, I'd also like to confirm that I indeed received my permanent SIN without the PR card, and I applied from within Canada.
The website is misleading. I went to service Canada and they didn't even MENTION the PR card. All you need is your passport + CPR

Bahia

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept.23,2014
Nomination.....
Sponsorship approval in end of nov. 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 23,2014
File Transfer...
To NDVO end of nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Before applying, got request for re-medical again on aug20-25, 2015
Interview........
in process last week of July, 2015
ontariobankerpnp said:
Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd check again to see if anyone that did their landing recently FEB/MAR/APR has receiived their PR card.
i didnt get yet, but i know it takes 3 to 4 months to get PR card....

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bahia said:
i didnt get yet, but i know it takes 3 to 4 months to get PR card....
Currently, it takes 5 weeks.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuwa said:
Currently, it takes 5 weeks.
Almost 6 weeks:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
Nuwa said:
Almost 6 weeks:
These days keep increasing. Last week it was 36 days. This week its 39 days. The website is supposed to be updated today April 17th... let's see what the new waiting time is.... ::)

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
ontariobankerpnp said:
These days keep increasing. Last week it was 36 days. This week its 39 days. The website is supposed to be updated today April 17th... let's see what the new waiting time is.... ::)
Its gone up again to 43 days!! :mad:

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontariobankerpnp said:
Its gone up again to 43 days!! :mad:

hmm, it is increasing...

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ontariobankerpnp said:
Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd check again to see if anyone that did their landing recently FEB/MAR/APR has receiived their PR card.
i landed in February 2013 and got my PR card 35 days after landing....actually our 4 PR cards (my family and i) arrived on the same date.

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
emamabd said:
i landed in February 2013 and got my PR card 35 days after landing....actually our 4 PR cards (my family and i) arrived on the same date.
Ok. Congratulations. 35 days beats even their lowest target of 36 days.

mike.1980

Sep 19, 2012
Those people (from Canada) who have done landing could you please share your experience? Where did you go for landing? what documents do we need to take?
Also when I applied for PNP since I was in Waterloo at that time, I mentioned my destination city as "Waterloo", and now in my COPR they mentioned Waterloo as my destination city too, but I have recently moved to Toronto! Is it a big deal? I'm anxious about this!
Also now that I want to visit my home country, do I need to wait until I receive my PR card?

I appreciate your help

elwebmaster

Jan 7, 2013
mike.1980 said:
Those people (from Canada) who have done landing could you please share your experience? Where did you go for landing? what documents do we need to take?
Also when I applied for PNP since I was in Waterloo at that time, I mentioned my destination city as "Waterloo", and now in my COPR they mentioned Waterloo as my destination city too, but I have recently moved to Toronto! Is it a big deal? I'm anxious about this!
Also now that I want to visit my home country, do I need to wait until I receive my PR card?

I appreciate your help
Hi, I landed in March. As long as you are landing in the same province you should be fine. The landing process itself was easy: just bring the COPR, your passports, any older documents from CIC you may have, that's all they asked really. Sometimes they ask for proof of funds so a bank statement may be helpful.
To visit your home country (assuming it is not USA) you need your PR card (meaning, you can leave without the PR card but you can't board a plane back to Canada without it). The situation is quite confusing (especially for people who still have their visa in their passports: all visas are now invalid). The only possible solutions if you need to leave without the PR card:
1) Official solution: you need to get a "Travel Document" from the Canadian embassy responsible for your country. Check the Embassy website for details.
2) If you have a US visa you may be (MAY BE!) able to travel through the US. If this works you will still have to explain to the border agent why you did this, but from what I have read, they always let you in with COPR if you make it to the Canadian airport.
3) If you are from a visa-exempt country and travelling on AirCanada, I have read people saying that they will let you on the plane with a COPR without the PR card. This is risky. Other airlines apparently will deny you boarding.
4) A friend could receive your PR card and mail it to you. I think you are not supposed to do that either.

Myself, I am in the same boat. Waiting for my PR card and having a pre-booked trip. I have planned a couple of days for Travel Document processing but I still hope it won't be necessary. The issue with travel documents (other than the fee & wait at the embassy) is that some embassies may refuse to give you it since you haven't received your first PR card yet. I hope that doesn't happen.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
mike.1980 said:

I appreciate your help
I landed at Toronto Pearson, the landing process was quite simple, all i needed was the passport,COPR, address in canada & the funds, the officer did not ask to see the funds - he just asked about the total amount. He asked a few questions - if we are in good health, have we committed any crime, ..and finally he asked me about my profession and what are my plans for getting employment in canada.

In about 30 minutes all 4 forms were completed and we were done. The landing process in itself was short, but the queu was really long - in total i spent about 4 hours in the airport!

I think your move to Toronto is not an issue, since you are a PNP and remained in the same province. Its better to wait for your PR card ofcourse if you want to travel home, you can leave it behind for someone else to collect it and mail it to you - but it can be a hassle if the card was delayed for a long time -or if CIC asked you to re-send your photo's or something..

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
elwebmaster said:
Hi, I landed in March. As long as you are landing in the same province you should be fine. The landing process itself was easy: just bring the COPR, your passports, any older documents from CIC you may have, that's all they asked really. Sometimes they ask for proof of funds so a bank statement may be helpful.
To visit your home country (assuming it is not USA) you need your PR card (meaning, you can leave without the PR card but you can't board a plane back to Canada without it). The situation is quite confusing (especially for people who still have their visa in their passports: all visas are now invalid). The only possible solutions if you need to leave without the PR card:
1) Official solution: you need to get a "Travel Document" from the Canadian embassy responsible for your country. Check the Embassy website for details.
2) If you have a US visa you may be (MAY BE!) able to travel through the US. If this works you will still have to explain to the border agent why you did this, but from what I have read, they always let you in with COPR if you make it to the Canadian airport.
3) If you are from a visa-exempt country and travelling on AirCanada, I have read people saying that they will let you on the plane with a COPR without the PR card. This is risky. Other airlines apparently will deny you boarding.
4) A friend could receive your PR card and mail it to you. I think you are not supposed to do that either.

Myself, I am in the same boat. Waiting for my PR card and having a pre-booked trip. I have planned a couple of days for Travel Document processing but I still hope it won't be necessary. The issue with travel documents (other than the fee & wait at the embassy) is that some embassies may refuse to give you it since you haven't received your first PR card yet. I hope that doesn't happen.
I just wanted to say something about your comment that all previous visas are not invalid... I asked about this when i was doing my landing, and the border official said that if you had valid status before you landed, you can use that same status to get on a commercial carrier if you have to fly before you get your PR. So in my case for example, I have a valid open work permit and a valid TRV as a worker that don't expire until 2015. She said that I could use those documents to board a plane. The airlines just want to make sure that once you land in Canada, you will be allowed into the country. And with my visa and work permit, that is a given.

But that is not official information you will not find it on any website, this is just what she told me.

Also, those of you that require to travel urgently, are you aware that you can have your PR card processed urgently, as long as you have proof of a booked trip? See instructions below. I'm not requesting urgent processing, because I'm not planning to travel soon.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp