+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does work permit rejection need to be mentioned in Schedule A(Background )

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
23-May-2015, TLU - 04-Jun-2015
Hi Friends,

Need your valuable suggestion.

I applied for Work Permit 10 years ago and needless to say i was rejected visa. Do i need to mention it somewhere?

Since Work permit is not TRV or visitor or refugee visa and hence i filled "No" in Background Declaration form ( Schedule A).

Is my understanding correct here ?

BR/
Amar

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
Hi Friends,

Please suggest.

BR
Amar

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar_gahir said:
Hi Friends,

Please suggest.

BR
Amar
Bro,

Q-6 and section (d) read carefully.

it applies to you.

so write "YES".

if you write NO then this means you will be hiding information.

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
Thanks for reply bro.

I don't want to hide the info. but there is no mention of Work permit in Q6 Section (d).

Refugee-No
immigrant- No
PR - No
Visitor-No
TRV- NO

Hence on what basis i should say Yes here.

Please suggest

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar_gahir said:
Thanks for reply bro.

I don't want to hide the info. but there is no mention of Work permit in Q6 Section (d).

Refugee-No
immigrant- No
PR - No
Visitor-No
TRV- NO

Hence on what basis i should say Yes here.

Please suggest
what do you think TRV stands for?

TRV stands for temporary resident visa...!

what do you think what is Work Permit...?

is it visitor visa...?
is it refugee visa.....?
is it PR (visa) .......?
or is it immigration (Family/investor/enterprenuer etc etc etc).....?

Work Permit is Temporary Residence!

so it means you applied for Temporary Residence Visa.......understand or still in doubt...?

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
Let me explain

On CIC it is mentioned that:

If you are a temporary resident in Canada with valid status (that is, you have a valid study permit or work permit), you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

You can apply in Canada if:

you are a legally admitted
student or
foreign worker

From above it looks like work permit and TRV are separate. And when i applied for work permit way back in 2005, there was no concept of TRV.

But now, as per new work permit guidelines, we need to fill TRV ( which is optional).

here is another snippet from Work Permit section:

To work in Canada, you must meet the requirements for a work permit. You must also meet the rules to enter Canada. This means that you might also need a passport and a temporary resident visa (TRV), also known as a visitor visa.

The TRV is an official document that is put in your passport.

If you need a TRV, you do not have to apply for it separately or pay another fee. If we approve your work permit, we will issue you a visa at the same time as we issue the documents you need to enter Canada as a worker.

hence.. still confused...!!!

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar_gahir said:
Let me explain

If you are a temporary resident in Canada with valid status (that is, you have a valid study permit or work permit), you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

student or
foreign worker

From above it looks like work permit and TRV are separate. And when i applied for work permit way back in 2005, there was no concept of TRV.

But now, as per new work permit guidelines, we need to fill TRV ( which is optional).

To work in Canada, you must meet the requirements for a work permit. You must also meet the rules to enter Canada. This means that you might also need a passport and a temporary resident visa (TRV), also known as a visitor visa.

If you need a TRV, you do not have to apply for it separately or pay another fee. If we approve your work permit, we will issue you a visa at the same time as we issue the documents you need to enter Canada as a worker.

Brother!
answer to your question is in the above said CIC explanation which you have quoted. But you will not understand. i will make it clear BUT first i need to know the following things;

1- did you applied Canadian Work Permit...?

2- Your prospective Employer (in Canada) applied from the relevant authorities (in Canada) to obtain permission to bring you in Canada for work...?

3- the application , which was filed by your employer, whether it was approved or refused...?

4- (i assume no. 3 was approved) so when your employer got approval from the authorities, then he/she sent you the approval paper and asked you to apply a Canadian Visa in Canadian Embassy, and he/she asked you to attach that approval letter with the application for Visa....?

please answer the above said Qs for clarification, then i will be able to provide further information...

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
F_S_W said:
Brother!
answer to your question is in the above said CIC explanation which you have quoted. But you will not understand. i will make it clear BUT first i need to know the following things;

1- did you applied Canadian Work Permit...?

YES

2- Your prospective Employer (in Canada) applied from the relevant authorities (in Canada) to obtain permission to bring you in Canada for work...?

YES

3- the application , which was filed by your employer, whether it was approved or refused...?

YES

4- (i assume no. 3 was approved) so when your employer got approval from the authorities, then he/she sent you the approval paper and asked you to apply a Canadian Visa in Canadian Embassy, and he/she asked you to attach that approval letter with the application for Visa....?

YES

please answer the above said Qs for clarification, then i will be able to provide further information...

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
Just to add, as much i remember, i did not fill up TRV form way back in 2003-2003

BR/
Amar

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar_gahir said:
Let me explain

student or
foreign worker

Brother First of all let me explain why i asked questions...?
i thought may be you were talking about any other country. now its clear ,therefore, lets move ahead!

even the TEXT you have quoted from CIC website, read it carefully, your answer is there.

you are mixing 2 things Work Permit and TRV.

TRV itself is not a category of any VISA. it is a term used by CIC for all non-immigrant Visas. TRV visas are Visit/Student/Tourist/Medical/Work Visa (Work Permit) etc etc. Check this Link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit_eligible_visite.aspx​

Work Permit: work permit itself is not a VISA. it is a written work authorization by authorities, to work in Canada. here is the link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/work-who_qui-travailler.aspx​

so here let me make clear, in order to Work in Canada you need a Work Authorization (Work Permit), in your case your prospective Employer obtained this for you. OK

BUT

now problem is that you have Work Permit but on that work permit you can't Travel to Canada (you Can't Enter into Canada), so in order to get into Canada you need a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) this is visa which is affixed in your passport, it allows you to travel to Canada.

so got my point. all the details are mentioned in details by CIC , click on the above said link. so whether you apply a Visit Visa or Study Visa or Medical Visa or Work Visa these all are called TRV.

so when your Prospective employer got your Work Authorization, that was a Work Permit for you,

BUT

when you filled the forms and sent your passport along with that Work Authorization into Canadian Embassy then actually you applied a TRV (category was Work Visa), so you applied TRV.

Now look at the TEXT you quoted in your favor. in the very first line it is written Temporary Resident (Temporary Residents are the individuals who holds a TRV - Temporary Resident Visas) with a valid status then in the Bracket it is cleared who are temporary residents (students and Work Permit Holders) then there is concession for those people whose status is STILL VALID. and then further details...!

Brother you had applied TRV. you know the problem with you.....?

Problem is (in my opinion) that you don't want to disclose this information in your Form, that is why you are trying hard to get a rectification from this forum. you want an answer which best suits your intentions, that is why you are pressing the OTHER POINT.

Brother You had applied TRV, you had applied TRV, you had applied TRV!

now choice is your's whether you tick "YES" or "NO".

BUT HERE REMEMBER!

whether you tick "yes" or "no", it will not affect CIC, because they already have your details in their system, if you tick YES, then at the Background Check stage they will think you as Honest person.

BUT

if you tick NO then at B/G Check Stage (for your FSW APPLICATION), 2 possibilities are:

a) you will get straight REJECTION with a 2 year BAN due to misrepresentation.

b) they will call you for interview, and "during the interview Visa Officer will explain you what the TRV was, and what the misrepresentation is...!"

My Advice!

don't be stubborn!....you applied TRV....disclose it !
trust me it will never give you any harm.
but if you tried to hide (intentionally or un-intentionally) trust me you will face consequences.

Choice is yours!

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I don't know who is right or wrong here, but check this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=202&t=17

As a foreign worker, do I need a temporary resident visa to work in Canada?

You may need one. Citizens of certain countries need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada and stay for a short period. It is a sticker the size of a passport page. It proves that an officer at a Canadian visa office read your application and was satisfied you met the requirements to enter Canada.

-----

With that being said, TRV and work permit IS NOT the same thing. If you give a closer look on "certain countries", you will understand who needs visa and why. Most of the reasons are concerns of illegal stay in Canada, health/disease issues in some countries and criminal activities.

That is why Service Canada cares if your TRV was ever refused or not.

I come from a country which is visa exempt (and is not on the list). My work permit was refused due to rejection of LMO, but that is administrative thing and has nothing to do with things mentioned above. Therefore, I was never refused for TRV because I don't need one. And because I don't need a visa, I could/can obtain work permit at the port of entry aka the airport, what means that people from visa exempt countries don't have to send the application through the embassy or consulate to obtain the same, what at the bottom line means that if they ever get their WP application rejected, they can't say their TRV got rejected simply because it doesn't exist.

For all terms, and clarifications, refer to CIC glossary http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Temporary resident visa
Related term:
Tourist visa

An official counterfoil document issued by a visa office abroad that is placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). A counterfoil is a specially designed sticker on which missions abroad print visa information.
Informally known as a visitor or tourist visa, the TRV may be issued for single or multiple entries to Canada.

Work permit
A document issued by CIC that authorizes a person to work legally in Canada. It sets out conditions for the worker such as:
the type of work they can do,
the employer they can work for,
where they can work, and
how long they can work.

Common sense tell that TRV and WP are NOT the same nthing

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
First of all i did not like your way of writing.

You are not giving suggestion instead pushing it without understanding my perspective. Not good bro...

i just dont want to confuse Visa officer by saying yes to TRV refusal which i never applied. Hope you'll open your mind and try to understand better.

and DO NOT pass any judgement about anybody else's intentions. Not your job!!

F_S_W said:
Brother First of all let me explain why i asked questions...?
i thought may be you were talking about any other country. now its clear ,therefore, lets move ahead!

even the TEXT you have quoted from CIC website, read it carefully, your answer is there.

you are mixing 2 things Work Permit and TRV.

TRV itself is not a category of any VISA. it is a term used by CIC for all non-immigrant Visas. TRV visas are Visit/Student/Tourist/Medical/Work Visa (Work Permit) etc etc. Check this Link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit_eligible_visite.aspx​

Work Permit: work permit itself is not a VISA. it is a written work authorization by authorities, to work in Canada. here is the link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/work-who_qui-travailler.aspx​

so here let me make clear, in order to Work in Canada you need a Work Authorization (Work Permit), in your case your prospective Employer obtained this for you. OK

BUT

now problem is that you have Work Permit but on that work permit you can't Travel to Canada (you Can't Enter into Canada), so in order to get into Canada you need a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) this is visa which is affixed in your passport, it allows you to travel to Canada.

so got my point. all the details are mentioned in details by CIC , click on the above said link. so whether you apply a Visit Visa or Study Visa or Medical Visa or Work Visa these all are called TRV.

so when your Prospective employer got your Work Authorization, that was a Work Permit for you,

BUT

when you filled the forms and sent your passport along with that Work Authorization into Canadian Embassy then actually you applied a TRV (category was Work Visa), so you applied TRV.

Now look at the TEXT you quoted in your favor. in the very first line it is written Temporary Resident (Temporary Residents are the individuals who holds a TRV - Temporary Resident Visas) with a valid status then in the Bracket it is cleared who are temporary residents (students and Work Permit Holders) then there is concession for those people whose status is STILL VALID. and then further details...!

Brother you had applied TRV. you know the problem with you.....?

Problem is (in my opinion) that you don't want to disclose this information in your Form, that is why you are trying hard to get a rectification from this forum. you want an answer which best suits your intentions, that is why you are pressing the OTHER POINT.

Brother You had applied TRV, you had applied TRV, you had applied TRV!

now choice is your's whether you tick "YES" or "NO".

BUT HERE REMEMBER!

whether you tick "yes" or "no", it will not affect CIC, because they already have your details in their system, if you tick YES, then at the Background Check stage they will think you as Honest person.

BUT

if you tick NO then at B/G Check Stage (for your FSW APPLICATION), 2 possibilities are:

a) you will get straight REJECTION with a 2 year BAN due to misrepresentation.

b) they will call you for interview, and "during the interview Visa Officer will explain you what the TRV was, and what the misrepresentation is...!"

My Advice!

don't be stubborn!....you applied TRV....disclose it !
trust me it will never give you any harm.
but if you tried to hide (intentionally or un-intentionally) trust me you will face consequences.

Choice is yours!

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
That's the confusion Johnny123.

Since my application never went to TRV stage what should i put ... Yes or No......

Still not sure !!

johnny123 said:
I don't know who is right or wrong here, but check this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=202&t=17

As a foreign worker, do I need a temporary resident visa to work in Canada?

You may need one. Citizens of certain countries need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada and stay for a short period. It is a sticker the size of a passport page. It proves that an officer at a Canadian visa office read your application and was satisfied you met the requirements to enter Canada.

-----

With that being said, TRV and work permit IS NOT the same thing. If you give a closer look on "certain countries", you will understand who needs visa and why. Most of the reasons are concerns of illegal stay in Canada, health/disease issues in some countries and criminal activities.

That is why Service Canada cares if your TRV was ever refused or not.

I come from a country which is visa exempt (and is not on the list). My work permit was refused due to rejection of LMO, but that is administrative thing and has nothing to do with things mentioned above. Therefore, I was never refused for TRV because I don't need one. And because I don't need a visa, I could/can obtain work permit at the port of entry aka the airport, what means that people from visa exempt countries don't have to send the application through the embassy or consulate to obtain the same, what at the bottom line means that if they ever get their WP application rejected, they can't say their TRV got rejected simply because it doesn't exist.

For all terms, and clarifications, refer to CIC glossary http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Temporary resident visa
Related term:
Tourist visa

An official counterfoil document issued by a visa office abroad that is placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). A counterfoil is a specially designed sticker on which missions abroad print visa information.
Informally known as a visitor or tourist visa, the TRV may be issued for single or multiple entries to Canada.

Work permit
A document issued by CIC that authorizes a person to work legally in Canada. It sets out conditions for the worker such as:
the type of work they can do,
the employer they can work for,
where they can work, and
how long they can work.

Common sense tell that TRV and WP are NOT the same nthing

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
amar_gahir said:
That's the confusion Johnny123.

Since my application never went to TRV stage what should i put ... Yes or No......

Still not sure !!
I think you should explain your situation more specific. You said that you applied for work permit 10 years ago and was rejected for visa. Don't confuse visa with work permit. There is no such a thing as "work visa". What exists is work permit, and TRV aka visa. If you need TRV (your country is on that list), then after obtaining a visa, and a work permit you can refer to that as "work visa". That's what most people do.

So if you got rejected for a work permit only, then if I would be you, I would put "no".

The best thing is that you call CIC and explain them your situation. Just have in mind that you have to be very specific... Without specifications is hard to provide an accurate answer. Something like when a person enters the store and says "one pack of smokes please" lol.

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
johnny123 said:
I think you should explain your situation more specific. You said that you applied for work permit 10 years ago and was rejected for visa. Don't confuse visa with work permit. There is no such a thing as "work visa". What exists is work permit, and TRV aka visa. If you need TRV (your country is on that list), then after obtaining a visa, and a work permit you can refer to that as "work visa". That's what most people do.

So if you got rejected for a work permit only, then if I would be you, I would put "no".

The best thing is that you call CIC and explain them your situation. Just have in mind that you have to be very specific... Without specifications is hard to provide an accurate answer. Something like when a person enters the store and says "one pack of smokes please" lol.
Okay... let me rephrase it.

I applied for work permit. and my work permit was denied stating that Canadian employer is not able to provide required proofs for this hiring.

Honestly, i do not remember if we had TRV forms at that time. Even the stamp on my old passport says "WP File No: XXXXXXX, Dated xx.xx.xx"