+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Three times Study Permit Rejection Affect on Refugee Case

raminkosha

Dec 2, 2013
Professionals!

Unfortunately, i have three rejections (Study Permit) in 2015 and 2016, now my situation has been changed and i have to leave country due to some threats for me and my family. I have to move to a second country and ask someone to sponsor me and my family as refugee to canada. Will those three study permit rejections affect my immigration case to Canada. Please provide your in-dept knowledge. thanks :(

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
raminkosha said:
Professionals!

Unfortunately, i have three rejections (Study Permit) in 2015 and 2016, now my situation has been changed and i have to leave country due to some threats for me and my family. I have to move to a second country and ask someone to sponsor me and my family as refugee to canada. Will those three study permit rejections affect my immigration case to Canada. Please provide your in-dept knowledge. thanks :(
I disagree with the earlier response, and think that they rejected applications will definitely impact your qualification as a refugee as they clearly show you are trying to get into Canada by any means, and will dilute the credibility of your refugee claim. I'm not saying that's the truth, but that is the way that the CIC will view it.

manofextreme

Nov 2, 2015
Well, i need to clear you people that i have 3 rejections for Canada visa too. But still, those rejections have neither stopped me entering into Canada nor getting the positive decision to my Refugee Claim.

I got positive decision even i had 3 visit visa rejections to Canada. Please keep in mind, If your reason to move here is genuine and you can prove that, your 100 rejections cannot stop you to get the positive decision.

Dears, keep in mind................That time circumstances were to move for study. Now the circumstance to move for life. Purpose makes decisions. Got it?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
manofextreme said:
Well, i need to clear you people that i have 3 rejections for Canada visa too. But still, those rejections have neither stopped me entering into Canada nor getting the positive decision to my Refugee Claim.

I got positive decision even i had 3 visit visa rejections to Canada. Please keep in mind, If your reason to move here is genuine and you can prove that, your 100 rejections cannot stop you to get the positive decision.

Dears, keep in mind................That time circumstances were to move for study. Now the circumstance to move for life. Purpose makes decisions. Got it?
You may be correct. However, I think the timing of the OP's rejections is important. One of them was in 2016. Yes, circumstances change, but will the CIC believe that they change that quickly? A couple of months ago, OP wanted to come to Canada as a student and was refused. Now he wants to come as a refugee. I'm not doubting the validity of the OP's case, as I'm sure it's genuine; however, it may come across as suspicious to a CIC officer.

Regardless, I wish him/her luck!

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Maybe the applicant is trying to come as a student in order to get into the country and do a refugee claim if he's not coming from a visa exempt country.

CIC doesn't determine the refugee claim desicion, it's the refugee board, and anything can change in a situation in 1 day.

As long as he didn't enter Canada and left and re-entered and did a refugee claim, then he will be fine.

raminkosha

Dec 2, 2013
Thanks a lot everyone for your time and efforts in providing insight from your experience and expertise. really appreciated.

I am really in a tough situation, i do not know what to do exactly.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Taxed said:
Maybe the applicant is trying to come as a student in order to get into the country and do a refugee claim if he's not coming from a visa exempt country.

CIC doesn't determine the refugee claim desicion, it's the refugee board, and anything can change in a situation in 1 day.

As long as he didn't enter Canada and left and re-entered and did a refugee claim, then he will be fine.
I agree with Taxed... any previous visa refusals, legal/illegal attempts to enter into canada, had visited or lived in Canada previously, made misrepresentation in order to enter into canada..etc etc..None of these factors can effect a refugee claim. Infact in some cases any of the above factors counts as a favor/strong point that the person tried his level best to leave his country.