+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the TRV remain valid after COPR

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
It looks feasible. However please consider Covid as well in your planning, because it changes the travel restrictions worldwide.
True. But I have to visit home for a few days. And doesn't look like covid is going away anytime soon. But thanks to this forum, I can atleast make an informed decision now. :)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Thanks for guiding me to immitracker. I guess I should apply for a BOWP asap since my current WP is expiring within 4 months and COPR is most probably going to come after 4 months. I have couple of queries related to bowp as well if you dont mind,

1) If I am not in canada when the bowp permit arrives, I can still come back on my existing TRV, right? After I am inside I believe I will be on implied status with a bowp and i can start searching for a new job..
2) my wife currently has an open work permit. Will she automatically get implied status too, or does she also need to apply for a bridging open wp?
You can come back to Canada until you a valid status document i.e. Work permit and a valid TRV. In your case it is valid upto June 21.

After you apply for BOWP, both the applicants will get implied status when the following conditions are met :
1. Applicants are inside Canada and were working under the same conditions as mentioned on the work permit.
2. The current work permit is expired.

I am not sure about searching for a new job on implied status, because I had a closed work permit earlier. Someone else could suggest here from real experience.

Based on your AoR you could expect CoPR in July 21 i.e. 6 month, so you should apply for it soon.

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
Hi
Yes, I travelled back with my WP-TRV and informed IRCC that I'm back in Canada.
Hi nmdsouza,

Did you validated your COPR when you travelled back with WP-TRV?
Did you presented the COPR document at the Port of Entry?

I am kind of in same situation, IRCC sent COPR when I am outside Canada. But my WP is valid till end of 2021.

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
Hi

Hi nmdsouza,

Did you validated your COPR when you travelled back with WP-TRV?
Did you presented the COPR document at the Port of Entry?

I am kind of in same situation, IRCC sent COPR when I am outside Canada. But my WP is valid till end of 2021.
Hi, Please inform IRCC that you are outside Canada thru the email id specified in the COPR, most probably they will ask you to travel in WP TRV and re issue the COPR after you are back in Canada

Reactions: tuffy

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
Hi, Please inform IRCC that you are outside Canada thru the email id specified in the COPR, most probably they will ask you to travel in WP TRV and re issue the COPR after you are back in Canada
Thank you. I didn't received the COPR yet just see the COPR details updated in the profile . Could you please share the email id if you have, to inform them ahead.

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
Thank you. I didn't received the COPR yet just see the COPR details updated in the profile . Could you please share the email id if you have, to inform them ahead.
The email depends on the local Visa office, hence its better to wait till you get the letter. It will be mentioned in the COPR letter.

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
The email depends on the local Visa office, hence its better to wait till you get the letter. It will be mentioned in the COPR letter.
Hi, Do you know how long it will take to reissue COPR letter once landed and reported to the email id that we are back in Canada.

RakshithRam

Mar 18, 2021
Yes, I travelled back with my WP-TRV and informed IRCC that I'm back in Canada.
Hi,
It's becoming a nightmare waiting for PR card.
I am in a different situation. I have received my COPR and waiting for PR card since March 2021.
I still have a valid work permit and visa. Will I be allowed to re-enter. Would they reissue my COPR and I have to start the process all over again to submit photos.

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hi,
I am in a different situation. I have received my COPR and waiting for PR card since March 2021.
I still have a valid work permit and visa. Will I be allowed to re-enter. Would they reissue my COPR and I have to start the process all over again to submit photos.
if you’re an inland applicant, your TRVs and temporary permits are all invalid after you receive your COPR . You can travel outside but to return to Canada you would need to apply for PRTD.

Karsteski

Oct 4, 2021
if you’re an inland applicant, your TRVs and temporary permits are all invalid after you receive your COPR . You can travel outside but to return to Canada you would need to apply for PRTD.
So from what I'm understanding here, if I am an inland CEC PR applicant, and I'm outside of Canada when the IRCC tries to issue me my CoPR, they immediately invalidate my TRV/PGWP, but all I have to do is apply for PRTD? Is this a straightforward process, i.e. Do we get the PRTD in a timely manner?

ragul15

Mar 14, 2017
Hi,
Same situation here. I have already booked my flights and I came to know about this. I have my copr waiting for PR card. I have a valid TRV and WP. Did you gather any more information?