File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Same situation here. I have already booked my flights and I came to know about this. I have my copr waiting for PR card. I have a valid TRV and WP. Did you gather any more information?
Since you are already a PR, you need either a PR card or PR Travel Document to board a plane and fly to Canada.

Generally speaking, work permits and TRVs are automatically canceled in the system after you become a PR and the airline can see this in their systems. From time to time people have been able to board flights using their old work permit and TRV, but it's very individual and up to chance / luck. You won't know until you get to the airport and try to board the plane. Overall, it's best to assume the work permit / TRV are no longer valid in the system and you can't use them to fly. If you plan to try, make sure you have a back-up plan if you are refused boarding.

mbin19

Nov 29, 2021
Yes, I travelled back with my WP-TRV and informed IRCC that I'm back in Canada.
Hi,

I am in exactly similar situation as yours. When you received your COPR while in India, did you also receive visa stamp with IM1 category in your passport? Did you also receive passport request?

Aug 15, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied through TR2Pr, and that program has no time frame and I have not received approval yet.
I am planning to travel outside Canada for 10 days on Feb 16.
I was wondering If I get pr confirmation portal email before I travel, can I just not reply to it until I come back? Is there any deadline for it?Or I mention to them that I have a trip and I dont want COPR right now?

aaroniclee

Dec 6, 2014
Hi,
It's becoming a nightmare waiting for PR card.
I am in a different situation. I have received my COPR and waiting for PR card since March 2021.
I still have a valid work permit and visa. Will I be allowed to re-enter. Would they reissue my COPR and I have to start the process all over again to submit photos.
Were you able to fly with your TRV + Work Permit?

Oct 5, 2022
Hi, Please inform IRCC that you are outside Canada thru the email id specified in the COPR, most probably they will ask you to travel in WP TRV and re issue the COPR after you are back in Canada
Hi, can you please let me know how long they responded to you after reporting that you’re temporarily out of the country?

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a CEC inland PR applicant waiting for my COPR. However, I have a TRV valid until February 2022.

I have a vacation planned to my home country next month in January 2021. So I wanted to know , Will I be able to travel back to Canada on my TRV if my COPR comes during my vacation time being me in my home country ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi did you finally travel, if yes, we’re you able to return back to canada ?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

I have a question. I did medicals for my study permit in August 2018 and as per the new policy, I am exempt from doing another medicals for my current CEC application. Unfortunately, I don’t have my IME result but I do have my IME number. Is it enough for me to upload a Letter including my IME number? Has anyone done this without uploading the IME result and been successful?

Please advise. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have a question. I did medicals for my study permit in August 2018 and as per the new policy, I am exempt from doing another medicals for my current CEC application. Unfortunately, I don’t have my IME result but I do have my IME number. Is it enough for me to upload a Letter including my IME number? Has anyone done this without uploading the IME result and been successful?

Please advise. Thank you.
Wrong thread

Sep 9, 2023
Hello friends.
It is possible for those who have experience of crossing the border by their own transport (auto) from America, having an approved CoPR, but still without an eCoPR and PR card. Please share if it is possible.