+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the sponsor having a job make the application stronger?

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
If the sponsor has a job while filing the spousal application, does it make the application stronger? Are there any drawbacks of applying the application without a job, but a strong financial background (bank account statements, deposits in home country)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the sponsor has a job while filing the spousal application, does it make the application stronger? Are there any drawbacks of applying the application without a job, but a strong financial background (bank account statements, deposits in home country)?
It's good for the sponsor to have a job since then IRCC won't have any concerns about the sponsor's ability to support the applicant once their PR visa is approved and the applicant arrives in Canada. You can certainly apply without a job and show a strong financial background instead.

Note that as a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
We got SA without my husband (citizen outside Canada) having a job in Canada, but we showed proof of savings in the US and Canada and a detailed list of the many jobs he was applying to.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
It's good for the sponsor to have a job since then IRCC won't have any concerns about the sponsor's ability to support the applicant once their PR visa is approved and the applicant arrives in Canada. You can certainly apply without a job and show a strong financial background instead.

Note that as a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse.
Hello, yes i am aware that as a PR sponsor, I need to be in Canada for the application. I was concerned about the job requirement, since I am a new immigrant and would not be having a job initially.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
We got SA without my husband (citizen outside Canada) having a job in Canada, but we showed proof of savings in the US and Canada and a detailed list of the many jobs he was applying to.
Oh, that's a positive sign! Were you required to show any proofs of previous employments (in the last 5 years etc.)? And what all did you include in the detailed list of the jobs he was applying to?

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
You can apply without a job, but it's always better to have then call your family else they will also have to struggle and your money will be finished in no time.