+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the info given by IRCC phone agents ever differ from GCMS notes?

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
Hello all,

On the GCKey portal, my application has seen no movement since February 2. According the IRCC tracker, my eligibility has been completed since March 20th, and on April 19th I received the same "in progress" update as everyone else. An IRCC phone agent told me on April 7th, that every step (incl. eligibility, background check, security screening, info sharing) has already been completed, and my application was just waiting for a final review at Ottawa.

However, my personal background gives me the lingering suspicion that I might be caught in another security screening. I recently ordered CBSA notes, but judging by the amount of strikers at CBSA, it might take an indefinitely long time to arrive. Hence my question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

On the GCKey portal, my application has seen no movement since February 2. According the IRCC tracker, my eligibility has been completed since March 20th, and on April 19th I received the same "in progress" update as everyone else. An IRCC phone agent told me on April 7th, that every step (incl. eligibility, background check, security screening, info sharing) has already been completed, and my application was just waiting for a final review at Ottawa.

However, my personal background gives me the lingering suspicion that I might be caught in another security screening. I recently ordered CBSA notes, but judging by the amount of strikers at CBSA, it might take an indefinitely long time to arrive. Hence my question.
Yes, they may give different information. The general advice is not to rely on information provided by the IRCC phone agent. They have access to some information but not the full details of your file.

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Hello all,

What does your tracker say? I was in the exact same situation as you until Thursday (April 27th). My tracker had everything marked as completed and even a COPR number showing up since April 12, but I never received the portal email. Anyway, I called IRCC on 27th, and I was told everything is done, and they are about to do a final review, but then the lady asked me if I have received the portal email. This is when I realized something was wrong. Anyway, I found four portal emails, and emailed all four, and eventually one responded on Friday (April 28th) with my portal details.

Check your tracker. If you have a COPR number under the document section then DM me on here, and I'll walk you through how to get your portal email and get your eCopr.

This is all provided you are an inland applicant. If you are outland, I can't help you as the process is different there.

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
What does your tracker say? I was in the exact same situation as you until Thursday (April 27th). My tracker had everything marked as completed and even a COPR number showing up since April 12, but I never received the portal email. Anyway, I called IRCC on 27th, and I was told everything is done, and they are about to do a final review, but then the lady asked me if I have received the portal email. This is when I realized something was wrong. Anyway, I found four portal emails, and emailed all four, and eventually one responded on Friday (April 28th) with my portal details.

Check your tracker. If you have a COPR number under the document section then DM me on here, and I'll walk you through how to get your portal email and get your eCopr.

This is all provided you are an inland applicant. If you are outland, I can't help you as the process is different there.
Hi, FYI I'm an outlander and my COPR number hasn't been generated on the tracker yet. Nor anything from IRCC in my spam folder.

djay09

Apr 28, 2023

Hi @KaiAT , I am in the same situation my COPR number got updated in pr tracker on April 21 but I haven't received any email since then, I am inland applicant can you please help

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
Update: Another IRCC phone agent told me today that background check is still ongoing. Whether it is a comprehensive security screening is not specified. So only IRCC/CBSA notes yield the definitive answer.