+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Self-employed immigration need IELTS test?

n669ap

Dec 1, 2019
Hi everybody,
If I want to apply for a self-employed immigrant and do not need a language point, do I need an IELTS test?
Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: Zafar Hashmi

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
You don't "need" to apply it but if you want to claim points towards your application points total for language ability then you do need it. If Enlglish or French aren't your 1st or even 2nd languages then it would be advisable to take the test to demonstrate your ability in at least one the two official languages of Canda.

n669ap

Dec 1, 2019
You don't "need" to apply it but if you want to claim points towards your application points total for language ability then you do need it. If Enlglish or French aren't your 1st or even 2nd languages then it would be advisable to take the test to demonstrate your ability in at least one the two official languages of Canda.
Thank you for the reply ,and sorry for use chinese to ask,I use chrome translate and made me chaotics.

conductexam

Jan 29, 2020
Rajkot
Thank You for share great information

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I sent mine with IELTS but that was because I applied in the past for EE and was rejected due to incomplete application my police certificates were 3 months expired.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
You don't "need" to apply it but if you want to claim points towards your application points total for language ability then you do need it. If Enlglish or French aren't your 1st or even 2nd languages then it would be advisable to take the test to demonstrate your ability in at least one the two official languages of Canda.Speed Test

Last edited:

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi Dear,
I have prepared my documents for self-employment and I want to post them tomorrow I must say that I did this without the help of a lawyer or immigration consultant, of course with the help of the Canadian Immigration website and even tips from this forum. Thanks for this website Of course, I hope I was right about that
I just do not have new photos of myself and my companions Can I take a photo with my mobile phone and send it to them? Because almost everywhere is closed due to the corona virus.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi Dear,
I have prepared my documents for self-employment and I want to post them tomorrow I must say that I did this without the help of a lawyer or immigration consultant, of course with the help of the Canadian Immigration website and even tips from this forum. Thanks for this website Of course, I hope I was right about that
I just do not have new photos of myself and my companions Can I take a photo with my mobile phone and send it to them? Because almost everywhere is closed due to the corona virus.
No you cannot do that or you risk the whole application package being returned to you a few months later!
Read IMM4500 Appendix A for photo specification. It must be taken by a commercial photographer.

Last edited: