+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does requesting ATIP raises RQ

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does requesting ATIP online by 5$ raises RQ ?

And when I request in Case File

Should I request for notes in electronic file

Or

Physical file ?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. No. No.

RQ is about residency. It's not a punishment for accessing your personal records that the law says you have very right to view.

By the way, if you request under the privacy act, ATIP is free.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:

Or

Physical file ?

No (where does this idea come from? It's not the first time that I'm reading this Q). It's your right and it's free if you request it for yourself. Request electronic copy. Physical has to be pulled out of the queue for the short time it takes to scan/copy the documents. Again, it's not gonna cause any substantial delays. Don't worry.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks A Lot !!!!!

Just a last question

How many times can I request for ATIP ? Since the citizenship processing time takes a bit lengthy time so will it be wise to ask for atip 2 to 3 times while the citizenship file is in process ?

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
turboracer said:
Thanks A Lot !!!!!

Just a last question

How many times can I request for ATIP ? Since the citizenship processing time takes a bit lengthy time so will it be wise to ask for atip 2 to 3 times while the citizenship file is in process ?
There is no limit on the number of requests; however, once you apply it will take about 30 days to receive the report back, of course during this period one would not request another one. 2-3 times is very normal.

jjjjjjjjjj

Apr 1, 2015
Hi, just wondering what info you will receive from Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request?

When I applied for citizenship i ticked the box to legally change my name (adding a given name to my existing given name and still the same last name) and that's what's showing on my citizenship certificate - but Service Ontario wouldn't change the name on my drivers license and they need to see proof that i changed from old name to new name -- i'm just wondering if this ATIP info would contain something like that.

Thank you very much!

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. I had requested for ATIP in Nov and received test invite in Mar and scheduled for Oath this month. So not in our case.

turboracer said:

Or

Physical file ?