+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does primary know of my PR status?

davidjesse091

Feb 3, 2015
I became a PR years ago and i renewed it once. But I have not met the physical presence requirements for the past few years.

Years ago when I entered with my US passport the primary officer would not know about my PR status. Is that still the case?

I would like to enter Canada with a US passport and stay there long enough to renew my card. (Two years)

I assume if the officer found out I'm a PR he/she would report me to cancel my PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I became a PR years ago and i renewed it once. But I have not met the physical presence requirements for the past few years.

Years ago when I entered with my US passport the primary officer would not know about my PR status. Is that still the case?

I would like to enter Canada with a US passport and stay there long enough to renew my card. (Two years)

I assume if the officer found out I'm a PR he/she would report me to cancel my PR?
They should be able to see that you are a PR as soon as they swipe your passport.

You'll definitely be allowed into Canada. It's possible you may be reported for failing to meet the residency requirement. But also entirely possible you'll be allowed in without being reported in which case you can just stay the two years and then renew your PR card.

Reactions: armoured and YVR123