+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does OCI Card is Mandatory for Selling my House in India?

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Guys,

I am an Immigrant from India. We have immigrated to Canada in 2014. I am a Canadian Citizen since 2018 June. I have renounce my Indian Citizenship and cancel the Indian Passport. I don't have an OCI Card and not planning to get OCI. I have a home in India. We have a buyer and I gave Power of Attorney to my Mother. Things were going smoothly till yesterday but when the buyer went to the Registration, he was told by them that the seller (me) have to have an OCI Card and without an OCI Card they can't Register that property to him.

Another option the Registrar told to my Buyer is that I have to get permission from the Reserve Bank I don't know what does he meant by that?

My question is, it is not possible to sell a property in India without an OCI Card for ever?

Please reply.

Thanks

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Guys,

I am an Immigrant from India. We have immigrated to Canada in 2014. I am a Canadian Citizen since 2018 June. I have renounce my Indian Citizenship and cancel the Indian Passport. I don't have an OCI Card and not planning to get OCI. I have a home in India. We have a buyer and I gave Power of Attorney to my Mother. Things were going smoothly till yesterday but when the buyer went to the Registration, he was told by them that the seller (me) have to have an OCI Card and without an OCI Card they can't Register that property to him.

Another option the Registrar told to my Buyer is that I have to get permission from the Reserve Bank I don't know what does he meant by that?

My question is, it is not possible to sell a property in India without an OCI Card for ever?

Please reply.

Thanks
Did u sell the house without OCI ?