+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does NOC Code have wage requirement in (CEC) Canadian Experience Class?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I had a refusal of my P.R application after being invited to apply through express entry.

Reasons stated were:

1. Job duties does not match the NOC CODE.
2. My salary lies below the stated range of salary for my region.

I am trying to apply again with a different NOC Code. Please help me understand a few things here:

1. Can I produce a new reference letter from my employer stating the job title and description that fits the new NOC code.
2. Is there a wage requirement to be met for CEC?
Sorry to hear that!
Would you mind to tell us how long it took from AOR to Refusal?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hello everyone, can you please help me by answering the following question? I have a job offer and currently finishing up my 11th month. I work as a Water Resource Engineer-in-Training in Toronto (which is NOC 2131-Civil Engineer). My problem is I get paid 23.08$/hr but the low wage in Canada and Ontario is 24.08$ according to canada job bank website. Do you think it would be wise for me to apply for PR or should I wait to get a raise and then apply next year?
Please advise! Thank you in advance.
You're fine as long as you get paid at least minimum wage.

Reactions: johnyrose

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Virte

What is your source for this? I have heard if you are not earning what the majority of other people are earning in the same profession it can be a problem...
I don't have a source, but in absence of anything on their website that suggests otherwise, I am convinced that as long as it is legal employment (i.e. at least minimum wage) and your employer's reference convinces the VO that your activities/duties correspond with the NOC-code, there's no reason why that shouldn't be considered eligible work experience.

For my job, when I consult some websites the average salary supposedly is $65K annual, but the T4 form I submitted for 2017 show me at an income barely above $30K (for various reasons). Although in my employer's reference a substantially higher number was stated, even in my GCMS notes I didn't see anything that hinted at them having an issue with my income (I am a PR now).

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Sweet, thanks Virtesze. What percentage of the NOC duties were listed in your letter? I have most of them but not all.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Sweet, thanks Virtesze. What percentage of the NOC duties were listed in your letter? I have most of them but not all.
Probably about one-third of them. NOC-codes usually encompass a range of positions (rather than a single position), so its normal that not every single thing corresponds with your current duties.

Also the income thing you were referring to, may be in relation to LMIA-job offers. For these, they do usually require you to earn at least (close to) the average income for such a position. In the past, there were issues with employers managing to "not find any Canadians for the job" by offering extremely low wages for advanced positions in order to get friends/relatives into the country, then upping their wage once they were in.

Reactions: DGUNPREET

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

I have recently submitted my documents for permanent residency under Canadian Experience Class. I have worked at 4 different places in my two years of work experience. I was able to gather all the documents for my employment including T4s and paystubs. One of my past employers gave me a letter that has a job title, employment dates, salary and type of employment (i.e. fulltime), however, hours/week are not mentioned. The letter is on company's letter head with the HR Manager's signature. I recently came to know that hours/week are required by CIC. All of my other letter have hours mentioned. Can anyone please tell me if I have any chance to get rejected ?

Also, the same job mentioned above had no exact NOC so I paid money to the Docveri to help me get the NOC which can justify my job duties. Fortunately, the Docveri was able to find a NOC from skill B. Do you think those guys are trust worthy?

Thanks,

Jk

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi,

I have recently submitted my documents for permanent residency under Canadian Experience Class. I have worked at 4 different places in my two years of work experience. I was able to gather all the documents for my employment including T4s and paystubs. One of my past employers gave me a letter that has a job title, employment dates, salary and type of employment (i.e. fulltime), however, hours/week are not mentioned. The letter is on company's letter head with the HR Manager's signature. I recently came to know that hours/week are required by CIC. All of my other letter have hours mentioned. Can anyone please tell me if I have any chance to get rejected ?

Also, the same job mentioned above had no exact NOC so I paid money to the Docveri to help me get the NOC which can justify my job duties. Fortunately, the Docveri was able to find a NOC from skill B. Do you think those guys are trust worthy?

Thanks,

Jk
Get in touch with your previous employer and specify to them why this is important. Different companies have different definitions of "full-time" but CIC only cares about hrs/wk. As @YouthTree mentioned, you can include some Payslips if you were an hourly worker, but it probably won't help if you were a salaried employee.

If you have no luck, you can specify this information yourself but make a note of it for CIC, and show your attempts to obtain this information to them (e.g. email correspondence with HR)

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I applied for NOC 2233 as a quality control inspector with a salary of $15/ hr in Toronto region. However, my hours worked are way above 40 every week. So my annual pay sums up to 41000 in that year.

The reason stated in the letter was my job duties doesn't match NOC Code I applied for. I am currently trying to re apply with NOC 7231 as the description fits that of a Machined Parts Inspector.
I think the VO is talking about this: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/22583/22437
the minimum wage for 2233 is around 17/h for Toronto area. No need to reach the average/median, which is 25, but better to hit the minimum... That's just my guess. Good luck !

Ikennali

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all,

After a careful look at my job duties, I determined that rather than 1221 administrative officers, I do more of Business analyst duties which falls under 2171.

My challenge is that I currently earn $18.50 but according to the job bank the minimum wage for that NOC in Toronto is $21.63.

Is it safe to still proceed with my application?

@jes_ON @Vitesze @DelPiero07 please help out.

Thanks

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi all,

After a careful look at my job duties, I determined that rather than 1221 administrative officers, I do more of Business analyst duties which falls under 2171.

My challenge is that I currently earn $18.50 but according to the job bank the minimum wage for that NOC in Toronto is $21.63.

Is it safe to still proceed with my application?

@jes_ON @Vitesze @DelPiero07 please help out.

Thanks
As long as you earn minimum wage or more (which you do), you'll be fine.

liujohnson118

Apr 14, 2019
Just wondering, when submitting CEC application, is there anywhere for me to declare or write down the NOC code that I think my job is for? Or we just submit the letter of work experience and list our duties and let the officer determine NOC? I'm concerned if they make an accidental (I know very unlikely) mistake in determining our NOCs solely based on the duties listed.

Thanks!