+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does NOC 4012 qualified for FSW anymore? I just got rejected immediately.

CLapika25512

Apr 19, 2017
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have read multiple successful cases of people using their experience during grad school as research assistant to apply for PR under FSW stream especially @saha_pritam ’s case. So I gathered information and started my own profile, but immediately got rejected and told I am not qualified. I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how to resubmit.
My stat:
-Work experience:
RA from September 2017- Jan 2020. 20hr/week. NOC 4012 (This should be over 2000 hours) (Canada)
Lab tech May 2020- Oct 2020
Lab scientist Nov 2020- present

-Language test: CELPIP
Reading: 12
Listening: 12
Writing: 10
Speaking: 10
-Sufficient fund.

For my RA work experience, they asked if I was a full time student during this time and I said yes, which should still count my work experience and put me under FSW and not CEC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=29

I am very confused as my profile was immediately rejected even though I did fill in sufficient work experience.

Please help and let me know if you have more questions. Thank you for your time!

lakesideguy

Feb 7, 2021
Hi all,
I have read multiple successful cases of people using their experience during grad school as research assistant to apply for PR under FSW stream especially @saha_pritam ’s case. So I gathered information and started my own profile, but immediately got rejected and told I am not qualified. I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how to resubmit.
My stat:
-Work experience:
RA from September 2017- Jan 2020. 20hr/week. NOC 4012 (This should be over 2000 hours) (Canada)

-Sufficient fund.

For my RA work experience, they asked if I was a full time student during this time and I said yes, which should still count my work experience and put me under FSW and not CEC.

I am very confused as my profile was immediately rejected even though I did fill in sufficient work experience.

Please help and let me know if you have more questions. Thank you for your time!
Hey, I believe the problem could be that you worked as RA in Canada. NOC 4012 apparently only counts as work experience if it was acquired outside of Canada. Maybe you could consider applying under CEC instead? Or, if you really want to do FSW, wait until May when your lab scientist experience reaches 1 year.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
My stat:
-Work experience:

-Sufficient fund.

Attention if you were studying in Canada, then you cannot claim both points for studying and work experience. You can only claim points for studying (if you got diploma of course). So you were most likely rejected because you do not have 1 year work experience. If you have work experience before 2017 and it does qualify and is for at least 1 year full time, you can use that one.

Reactions: scylla

Niosh

Mar 6, 2021
Hi Natu,
It was with no break!
I figured out what was wrong. I put the NOC for my current occupation as the primary NOC. I changed it to 4012 and was able to be put in a pool. THanks for replying!
hi! I am planning to usr my 2.5 years as RA during my masters in Canada for work experience as minimum requirements of FSW and I sm gathering my supporting docs, could you please explain to me what the problem with your application was and how you resolved it? also if it's possible for you to send me templates for the supporting docs anf letters you submitted, that would be sooooooo helpful! thank you sooo much my email address: newshaarezi@gmail.com