+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOES LONGER WAITING TIME MEAN MORE LIKELY TO BE REJECTED?

danny114

Jul 6, 2016
Hey guys just hoping any of you can shed some clarity for me. I know this is a generic question, but if it's taken 4-5 weeks for my paperbased SPP application in Bangalore with no updates (not linked my application online so I can't check medicals), does the longer wait time mean less likely to get approved? Is there any correlation?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
danny114 said:
Hey guys just hoping any of you can shed some clarity for me. I know this is a generic question, but if it's taken 4-5 weeks for my paperbased SPP application in Bangalore with no updates (not linked my application online so I can't check medicals), does the longer wait time mean less likely to get approved? Is there any correlation?
No, Not really. Longer wait time means your application has not been picked up yet. Try to link the paper based online. That way you can also get updates.

You might also be able to check your paper based application without linking on the following link

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.80959198.89759635.1467865773

I don't know if you can check it properly or not, as I have applied on-line.

You can also see the help page on application checking on the following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=029&top=3

Hope this helps.

danny114

Jul 6, 2016
enywmara said:
No, Not really. Longer wait time means your application has not been picked up yet. Try to link the paper based online. That way you can also get updates.

You might also be able to check your paper based application without linking on the following link

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.80959198.89759635.1467865773

I don't know if you can check it properly or not, as I have applied on-line.

You can also see the help page on application checking on the following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=029&top=3

Hope this helps.
Hey man the first link doesn't work, but so if it's not been picked up does that mean they've not even started the processing ?! Meaning it could easily be another 4 weeks ?!

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
danny114 said:
Hey man the first link doesn't work, but so if it's not been picked up does that mean they've not even started the processing ?! Meaning it could easily be another 4 weeks ?!
Picked up means the file has not yet started processing. Once it starts processing, if all the documents are in order, in my personal experience, I have seen people get their results within 1 week! So do not worry, just pray and your result will come soon and come positive.

Also in the meantime why don't you do some of the work that is necessary for you to do before you leave, such as buying stuff, getting your work in order etc. Don't buy air tickets or leave your job, other small things can be done though.

Be positive, you will succeed.

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
I dont think the reason is they havent picked our file.

Some people who applied after me also got visa. As i know they process the application in sequence. So it doesn't make sense that they havent open it yet.

I am getting nightmares that they are preparing rejection report for pending cases. Cant stop thinking about it.

6th week is running for me. Hope banglore vfs do something now. These 3 days are hard to pass.

danny114

Jul 6, 2016
enywmara said:
Picked up means the file has not yet started processing. Once it starts processing, if all the documents are in order, in my personal experience, I have seen people get their results within 1 week! So do not worry, just pray and your result will come soon and come positive.

Also in the meantime why don't you do some of the work that is necessary for you to do before you leave, such as buying stuff, getting your work in order etc. Don't buy air tickets or leave your job, other small things can be done though.

Be positive, you will succeed.
Thanks man, truth be told everything is done. all i have to do is buy the flight ticket. but this is really testing my patience to a whole new level. not to mention their emails are so confusing as well. check my other post requesting an explanation of the emails sent to me, i cant understand whats going on with my application at all?

rajmanu24

Aug 10, 2016
I think if they have to reject a visa application then they should do at early stages. I believe there is no point keep people waiting so long and finally come with Negative result. This is just my thought.

BR
Manoj

Reactions: SasaBasi

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
rajmanu24 said:
I think if they have to reject a visa application then they should do at early stages. I believe there is no point keep people waiting so long and finally come with Negative result. This is just my thought.

BR
Manoj
Not true, one of my friend refused after 11 weeks

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Guys, time has nothing to do with Rejection/Acceptance.
Let Me bring to light a few things that most of us do not know of Visa process:
Visa process follows a strict scrutiny, background verification, document checklist completion and authentication.
Canadian Consulate does not do any of these activities due to their limited means of reach in other countries except their home.
VFS is a third party which is assigned to take up all these activities which operates for 50 countries in India.
VFS does these sure checks:
  • Funding source/ Funds authentication with bank whose details have been provided.
    Education check with University/College to authenticate that the student has passed or studied the given course.
    Back ground check of student and the family members for any criminal offense recorded.
    Job verification with random employer with the number provided on the offer letter.(Only if they have a doubt in papers)
    Check with the Canadian university/College for verifying student admit-Conditional or unconditional.
    Confirmation of fees paid to university through Swift copies and transfer records.
    Family ties and Family information check.
    CIBIL score check to identify loan fraud or credit card dues.
    Marriage authentication(if marriage certificate/Annulled marriage/divorce certificate provided)
    Complete Business check if applicant claims that he was self employed.
    Medical Clearance by assigned medical center.
    Extra scrutiny done for Gap certificate or unemployment history.

After all this a brief summary and checklist along with the file goes to the VISA officer who will access your file.
    He will take a decision based on his experience, summary and the SOP given. These officers come with years of experience and although Students write all fancy stories, they are absolutely precise in determining the student 's abilities and intentions.
    The face to face interview process which Canada used to conduct earlier was stopped in accordance with the idea that the ultimate decision of the Officer should not be confusing and the comprehension of result should be monologues and not dialogues. The idea of giving the student a chance to justify his refusal has been further dismissed and hence, a appealing council is formed in Canada to appeal against the Officer's decision.
    Although rarely anyone appeals and prefers to re-apply.

Hope this answers the query of the Visa application protocol in brief.
    Don'y ask Me How, Ask yourself Whether... :)