+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize SCDL...

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,

I need help.... I am a PGDBA from SCDL batch 2004 awarded in 2006. Have read in a few forums that IQAS does recognize SCDL. I got an ECA from ICAS and they rejected it saying that the college was not recognized the time I I cleared so they can't validate it... Should I go to IQAS... Has anyone got lucky. Please help. Thanks

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi,

I need help.... I am a PGDBA from SCDL batch 2004 awarded in 2006. Have read in a few forums that IQAS does recognize SCDL. I got an ECA from ICAS and they rejected it saying that the college was not recognized the time I I cleared so they can't validate it... Should I go to IQAS... Has anyone got lucky. Please help. Thanks
Hi,

Hi There,

I have read in this forum that IQAS have recognized SCDL. They have approved the diploma of 2 folks. Below is the link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-with-successful-educational-credential-assessment-eca-of-scdl.462228/page-5

Also, i have a small query, hope you have resolve. I have sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS which will be evaluated in a day or two (at last stage). you have mentioned that "the college was not recognized the time I I cleared". Though I took admission in 2005, I cleared all my papers in 2010 and diploma was awarded in 2010. What do you think in this case. my program duration was 2005-2007, but I gave all the papers by 2010 and got the diploma. in 2010. It is mentioned in DEC website that "DEC (erstwhile) had given Institutional Recognition to offer programmes through distance mode, which are approved by its statutory bodies." for 2010. Do you think that I will get positive response.

Thanks for your response.

Regards
Max

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi There,

I have read in this forum that IQAS have recognized SCDL. They have approved the diploma of 2 folks. Below is the link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-with-successful-educational-credential-assessment-eca-of-scdl.462228/page-5

Also, i have a small query, hope you have resolve. I have sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS which will be evaluated in a day or two (at last stage). you have mentioned that "the college was not recognized the time I I cleared". Though I took admission in 2005, I cleared all my papers in 2010 and diploma was awarded in 2010. What do you think in this case. my program duration was 2005-2007, but I gave all the papers by 2010 and got the diploma. in 2010. It is mentioned in DEC website that "DEC (erstwhile) had given Institutional Recognition to offer programmes through distance mode, which are approved by its statutory bodies." for 2010. Do you think that I will get positive response.

Regards
Max
Well to be honest ICAS didn't even wait for SCDL to send the docs and check... They just sent me a mail saying they can't access it... So if yours is on the last stage... I think it's positive... Please let me know the outcome.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Well to be honest ICAS didn't even wait for SCDL to send the docs and check... They just sent me a mail saying they can't access it... So if yours is on the last stage... I think it's positive... Please let me know the outcome.
So you sent your docs to ICAS and they rejected or they just responded your query saying that that cannot access it?

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
I had sent the online application form uploading all my degrees and mark sheets to which they responded that they cant do the assessment for scdl as at the time I got admission the college was not recognized by ugc...I had also sent them the links from SCDL website stating the programs were recognized but they didn't process further.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
I had sent the online application form uploading all my degrees and mark sheets to which they responded that they cant do the assessment for scdl as at the time I got admission the college was not recognized by ugc...I had also sent them the links from SCDL website stating the programs were recognized but they didn't process further.
Oh. This is strange. Because I did not uploaded anything online to ICAS. So far I remember they do not have option for document upload. I also inquired from them before sending application and they responded back that if the institute is recognized by DEB/ UGC at the time of admission, they will asses the degree.

Ny way, it's just coupe of more days before I get the results. Keeping my fingers crossed. Lot depend on this outcome.

Max

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Correct... At my time of admission the program was recognized not the college... You might get lucky because the time you were awarded the college was recognized... Anyone you know who got cleared by IQAS before 2007?

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Correct... At my time of admission the program was recognized not the college... You might get lucky because the time you were awarded the college was recognized... Anyone you know who got cleared by IQAS before 2007?
Nopes, Just check with the folks for whom IQAS have provided the evaluation.

may be their admission was before 2007.

Max

gusain.manish

Apr 11, 2018
Hi There,

Regards
Max
Hi MaxPandey
Did IQAS have recognized SCDL? If Yes then Equivalent to what degree for Can
I've also done PGD IT from SCDL in 2006-2008
Please reply soon
thnx

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi MaxPandey
Please reply soon
thnx
Hi,

I sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS of Canada and they have recognized the diploma. The equivalency in Canada is "Post Bachelors Diploma" and duration of program is mentioned as "Distance Education".

I thinks IQAS also recognizes the SCDL diploma and their time for assessment is also less. Please review below link-

Regards
Max

gusain.manish

Apr 11, 2018
Hi,

I sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS of Canada and they have recognized the diploma. The equivalency in Canada is "Post Bachelors Diploma" and duration of program is mentioned as "Distance Education".

I thinks IQAS also recognizes the SCDL diploma and their time for assessment is also less. Please review below link-

Regards
Max
Thanks for quick reply Max,
Have you got your PNP or Express Visa for canada?

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Thanks for quick reply Max,
Have you got your PNP or Express Visa for canada?
Have put the process on hold for some time, have not applied for EE or PNP. As ECA is valid for 5 years, can try later on.

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
Hi MaxPandey
Please reply soon
thnx
Did you get Assessment done by IQAS?

I am planning for the same for my SCDL 2006~2008 ( PGDIT) .

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Did you get Assessment done by IQAS?

I am planning for the same for my SCDL 2006~2008 ( PGDIT) .
Please review my answer provided on the same topic on same question in this thread.