+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
I have not received the final ECA yet as they are asking if they should proceed assessment of bachelor degree only or they can refund(partial). I'm yet to email my final response. I'm in conversation with them regularly asking for a more stronger reason as DE means anyone can do it outside of Sikkim and it doesn't make sense and moreover the hight court order pertaining to this issue states what they are saying but it after around 2015 or later. Degrees before that should be good to go but they are denying assessment now.
I don't think that will help you my friend. I tried my best to convince them that my centre was authorized one but they never accept. They have processed my full refund now.

Did u try with other agencies like ICAS?

Navi.1

Nov 2, 2018
I don't think that will help you my friend. I tried my best to convince them that my centre was authorized one but they never accept. They have processed my full refund now.

Did u try with other agencies like ICAS?
Did they ask u if u want to get the Bachelor's degree assessed? Where is it from? No I am yet to receive my official ECA or their final response. But as I sense it is going to be negative. I have mentioned each detail I knew including the High Court order about what all degrees are ''protected" but they are least to care or even read that. IQAS is simply denying assessing SMU distance education degrees. I read more than 15 cases in these few days.

To me it seems that they are now following WES footsteps and I highly doubt if ICAS will assess them either... As ICAS anyway takes 5-6 months, who knows what changes are made by then!!!

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Did they ask u if u want to get the Bachelor's degree assessed? Where is it from? No I am yet to receive my official ECA or their final response. But as I sense it is going to be negative. I have mentioned each detail I knew including the High Court order about what all degrees are ''protected" but they are least to care or even read that. IQAS is simply denying assessing SMU distance education degrees. I read more than 15 cases in these few days.

To me it seems that they are now following WES footsteps and I highly doubt if ICAS will assess them either... As ICAS anyway takes 5-6 months, who knows what changes are made by then!!!
Nope they didn't care about my bachelor degree. I actually got it assessed by wes. Anyway keep us posted with ur updates from IQAS I wish u get a positive assessment and I can follow ur steps to resubmit mine :):)

Reactions: N001 and Navi.1

Navi.1

Nov 2, 2018
Nope they didn't care about my bachelor degree. I actually got it assessed by wes. Anyway keep us posted with ur updates from IQAS I wish u get a positive assessment and I can follow ur steps to resubmit mine :):)
Thanks. I'm trying to be positive but let's see. I'm worried as this negative masters assessment will drop my crs drastically. Honestly I think ICAS will follow the same process as IQAS n WES, very soon if not already.

unni567

Oct 6, 2018
Can anyone let us know if people who have attended MBA after 2015 receive such email from IQAS?? Looking at date of completion I believe only those who completed MBA before 2015 are being asked about the study centre’s.

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Guys My Bacholers is from SMU but Masters is from other university which is very well approved. Do you think it should be a problem to get Masters status from IQAS ?

Navi.1

Nov 2, 2018
Can anyone let us know if people who have attended MBA after 2015 receive such email from IQAS?? Looking at date of completion I believe only those who completed MBA before 2015 are being asked about the study centre’s.
No actually everyone is being asked. I'm reading not heard of a successful assessment lately.

Navi.1

Nov 2, 2018
Thanks Ashwin. But I have already sent my Transcript for both SMU and MKU. WIll that be a problem to get ECA for Masters from MKU ?

I think they should assess it. As highest qual is not from SMU. MKU degree is also done through distance education?

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Thanks. I'm trying to be positive but let's see. I'm worried as this negative masters assessment will drop my crs drastically. Honestly I think ICAS will follow the same process as IQAS n WES, very soon if not already.
Hi. Whats the status of your IQAS application. Any positive response from them ?