+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does internet bill count as utility bill? OCI for minor child

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day.

Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins:
- is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back?
- how many photos are needed?

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day.

Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins:
- is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back?
- how many photos are needed?
don’t think this will work, bill from BC Hydro that too paper bill is what they will ask for.
another option you can use is notice of assessment for your wife , I am sure you file tax returns regardless of income.

that carries Address as well

photographs better get it from London drugs else return may cost more

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

(h) Proof of address in Canada

Please enclose any one of the following document as proof of present address:

• Driving License
  • Photo ID issued by the Ontario Government
  • Utility Bills(Electricity/water/Gas/Phone/Internet etc)-must be recent
i know they mention this but utility bill they usually say only Bc hydro and also need original which means paper bill, sounds stupid but this is what happened with me when I had to renew my sons OCI in 2021. Unless there is change in heart now