+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does having decent amount in Canadian Bank help in RO violation?

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Hello Friends, Gurus and imm Masters ,

If someone is missing RO by 9-10 months and has balance of say 15000 CAD in Canadian Bank account, does it help anyway in case identified at PoE to Not report?

Also, if RO violation is identified by officer at PoE, does they report every time or they have authority to not report and give one last opportunity?

Please help suggest.

Regards,
Bruhas

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You could have a million dollars in your account and it would make no difference at all. If you have failed the residency obligation you have failed it end of.

Nobody here could realistically comment or speculate whether a CBSA officer has any discretion to report or not, sometimes can just be a matter of luck.

If someone is unlucky enough at POE to have their RO questioned then odds are probably good that they will be reported even more so if 9-10 months. If someone is not reported then they should consider it like a lottery win and plan to stay put for 2 years minimum to reset their RO.

Just need to take chances at a POE , answer all CBSA questions honestly but do not volunteer information unless answering a specific question.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and jddd

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry money (and it's in your own bank account) cannot cover for RO.
RO is pretty specific and clear.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. 15000 CAD is not a significant amount, that is rather small amount
2. Money itself in the bank do not help. Same would be for, houses, cars, art collections, gold.

Reactions: foodie69

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
Doesn't matter. You cannot or atleast are not supposed to buy PR with money.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Hello Friends, Gurus and imm Masters ,

If someone is missing RO by 9-10 months and has balance of say 15000 CAD in Canadian Bank account, does it help anyway in case identified at PoE to Not report?

Also, if RO violation is identified by officer at PoE, does they report every time or they have authority to not report and give one last opportunity?

Please help suggest.

Regards,
Bruhas
Your question about if money helps to cover for missing the RO, and not being reported at PoE, reminds me a lot on the exam scene from the movie “Spies like us”, where Chevy Chase asks exam supervisor to hold his wallet during the exam saying: “There is a 1000 dollars in there, or maybe there isn’t. If you know what I mean.”

Last edited:

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Friends, you are getting me wrong. I certainly did not intent that and meant why you are trying to interpret.
My thought was completely innocent and law abiding.

All I meant or asked was “If I have decent amount in bank balance, does it help to show my ties in Canada at PoE or towards H/C case.”
Question may be naive, but nothing else..Its fine though if you mentioned it in lighter note.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, given the nature of the media in use, presumption is often a problem when questions are asked.

Also unfortunately, residency obligation is only assessed on days present in Canada. Bank balances, property ownership or good intentions hold little weight in the assessment of compliance. H&C is a different animal, and depending on circumstances of those who claim it, it’s difficult to determine what is and isn’t a positive factor. IMO, bank balances aren’t one of those factors that they give significant weight to in a determination.

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Unfortunately, given the nature of the media in use, presumption is often a problem when questions are asked.

Also unfortunately, residency obligation is only assessed on days present in Canada. Bank balances, property ownership or good intentions hold little weight in the assessment of compliance. H&C is a different animal, and depending on circumstances of those who claim it, it’s difficult to determine what is and isn’t a positive factor. IMO, bank balances aren’t one of those factors that they give significant weight to in a determination.
Thanks Buletrunk and all. I understand now that having decent money as balance in CA bank account does not benefit towards PoE/HC evaluation.
Bank balance does not indicate or establish ties with Canada.

tomlee1986

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I know what you imply but I agree with everyone.. it doesn't matter how much in the bank account for humanitan and compassionate grounds for RO