+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Experience as a Trainee in India Count????

jackg

Jun 25, 2015
As long as you can prove that you were "employed" and "paid",you should get points .But,make sure your experience is not some sort of internship which is
considered part of your study program.

By the way,what kind of Master degree is being provided by your company? I thought only universities can offer master degrees .

jackg

Jun 25, 2015
Work experience which was "part of your study program" may not count,so make sure your paperwork is correct on this regard.
Good Luck !

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
This is simple: If you can get a letter from Wipro stating all the job details as required by CIC (including mention that it is full time permanent job), then CIC will take your word based on the original letter (they may or may not call Wipro to verify). But, if they call and Wipro denies such letter, your application may get rejected.

Also if you check GCMS notes from other members, the CIC analysts also have to determine if the full time job was done at same time as studies/college, I guess this is to make sure full time job is fully full time and not internships during studies.

San_7

May 29, 2017
thanks Trusty.
i complexity is this case is to get this letter while the course is going on and apply(claim points for 3 yr degree and 2 yr work exp only) , so that if we get an ITA,followed by a visa then we can leave the job and migrate, so was interested to know if some one in wipro wase succeeded in getting this letter.

Last edited:

Kalesh KK

Feb 28, 2018
I have an experience letter stating that i was a "student" with them for 4 years and the responsibilities..... i managed to get them write my responsibilities...

and.... i have another letter ..stating that i was a wipro trainee for 4 years and my Stipend amount

In experience letter they have mentioned me as student with the required responsibilities and in stipend letter as a 'Trainee'...
Did you get your visa processed via express entry?