+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Covid19 affect processing of Spousal PR

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
I have applied for my spousal PR. But I heard that due to covid19 the processing of paper applications has not been resumed? If it is going to be delayed indefinitely, can I try for a visiting visa so that I can stay with my wife for some time, if granted? Also will it affect my spousal PR application I already submitted? If so how?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for my spousal PR. But I heard that due to covid19 the processing of paper applications has not been resumed? If it is going to be delayed indefinitely, can I try for a visiting visa so that I can stay with my wife for some time, if granted? Also will it affect my spousal PR application I already submitted? If so how?
Applications are being processed, they are just delayed due to COVID-19 and taking longer to finalize.

You can certainly try applying for a TRV. Approval chances are probably 50/50 given IRCC knows you have plans to remain in Canada long term.

The TRV will have no impact on the spousal sponsorship application.

Reactions: vis678

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Thanks for the response. But if I am granted the TRV, do I need to make changes in my already submitted PR application or do I have to apply an inland spousal PR application?

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Applications are being processed, they are just delayed due to COVID-19 and taking longer to finalize.

You can certainly try applying for a TRV. Approval chances are probably 50/50 given IRCC knows you have plans to remain in Canada long term.

The TRV will have no impact on the spousal sponsorship application.
Thank you. But if I get a visiting visa and I stay with my wife for a longer time in Canada what effect will it have on my already submitted spousal PR application? Where will I have to appear for the bio-metrics and medicals? If it is possible to do it Canada will I not have to intimate the fact of my satay in Canada to the visa officer? A valuable opinion on this matter will be greatly appreciated as the Covid19 has messed up with my life, especially because mine was a late marriage and opportunity to be together and start a family being delayed indefinitely.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. But if I get a visiting visa and I stay with my wife for a longer time in Canada what effect will it have on my already submitted spousal PR application? Where will I have to appear for the bio-metrics and medicals? If it is possible to do it Canada will I not have to intimate the fact of my satay in Canada to the visa officer? A valuable opinion on this matter will be greatly appreciated as the Covid19 has messed up with my life, especially because mine was a late marriage and opportunity to be together and start a family being delayed indefinitely.
You may have to return to your home country to do an interview. Getting a TRV is quite difficult.