+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does COPR email Invalidate Work Permit

Vaibhav25

Mar 5, 2021
Group Members,
I am an inland applicant and will be travelling to India soon. I will be expecting my COPR email mostly during my stay and would seek valuable information from group on below queries.

1) At first place am I supposed to get email when I am outside Canada? as they might be knowing from port exit entry that I am outside.
2) If I get PR Confirmation email does it invalidate my existing work permit?
3) If someone replied IRCC after receiving email that they are outside Canada. What exactly the reply they got and are there any issue in return back?

Please help me.

zaraah1

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
CEC
I have read about such cases on Facebook groups. They usually call you when you get your copr to confirm if you’re in the country. If you’re outside Canada then they will revert back your copr so you can come back with your existing visa and they would issue your copr again once you’re back. Not my personal experience but this is what I have read.

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Group Members,
I am an inland applicant and will be travelling to India soon. I will be expecting my COPR email mostly during my stay and would seek valuable information from group on below queries.

1) At first place am I supposed to get email when I am outside Canada? as they might be knowing from port exit entry that I am outside.
3) If someone replied IRCC after receiving email that they are outside Canada. What exactly the reply they got and are there any issue in return back?

Please help me.
2 - PR doesn't invalidate your current valid work permit and visa associated.

Vaibhav25

Mar 5, 2021
not my personal case, unless you make permanent PR landing, your work permit is active. COPR doesn't invalidate the Work permit.
That used to be Old process. There is no more landing required after COVID scenario and you get email directly stating you are a permanent resident kind of..

JBK27

Oct 20, 2020
Group Members,

Please help me.
I am in pretty much same situation. Sent out photos on February 19th and leaving country in few days for 15 days. Let me know if you find any information regarding the scenario.

JBK27

Oct 20, 2020
Group Members,

Please help me.
1. You will get an email for sure that will state that YOU ARE A PERMANENT RESIDENT NOW. Towards the end of the letter, it will say do let us know if you are not in the country. If you are not, they will let you get ur passport stamped with permanent resident visa from your local visa office (VFS, in India).

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, pls I am in the same situation and it was recently reversed. However what happens to my my spouse who is Outland and has gotten COPr but hasn’t done landing ?

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I'm in the same situation. Got CoPR on the 2nd of this month and I'm returning to Canada on the 10th. Is it advisable to respond when I return to Canada.
I'm also wondering if my present work permit and TRV is still valid to travel. I will appreciate your response.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
I'm in the same situation. Got CoPR on the 2nd of this month and I'm returning to Canada on the 10th. Is it advisable to respond when I return to Canada.
I'm also wondering if my present work permit and TRV is still valid to travel. I will appreciate your response.
did they ask you to confirm if you are in canada ?
or did they send your the copr?