+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC call employer for verification?

ag123987

Feb 18, 2018
Yes, they can call them if they wish to verify any pieces of information.
If they call, will they explain "why" they are calling ? I mean will they clearly explain to my current employer that I'm about to leave the company ??
It seems unbelievable to me they would do that knowing It could jeopardize my job...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they call, will they explain "why" they are calling ? I mean will they clearly explain to my current employer that I'm about to leave the company ??
It seems unbelievable to me they would do that knowing It could jeopardize my job...
I don't know what you mean by "will they clearly explain to my current employer that I'm about to leave the company". It is not their place to say something like that but they will indeed state the purpose of the call (verify information of your PR application).

ag123987

Feb 18, 2018
I don't know what you mean by "will they clearly explain to my current employer that I'm about to leave the company". It is not their place to say something like that but they will indeed state the purpose of the call (verify information of your PR application).
If they call saying that I am applying for Canadian PR, as I am working in France, my company will know that I'm about to leave...
Thank you a lot for your reply even if it's absolutely not reassuring :(

ag123987

Feb 18, 2018
Could you please tell me what happened as to this?
In my file I attached a letter explaining my situation and why I couldn't give a proper document for proof of employment (by that I mean I couldn't give a proper "reference letter" signed by a manager. But of course I gave other very official documents to sustain my application).
When I annouced my company that I was Moving to Canada, it was a complete surprise for them.
I assume this means they hadn't been called.

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
If the case officer is not convinced or in doubt about the legitimacy of ur documents or about the business they might ring up ur employer. Usually they email on the provided mailing address.
I doubt they would reject ur case on the basis of employer not responding. They might contact you to inform the Organization to reply to their email.
Coz they understand HR gets bulk of emails and many of the emails can land into junk/spam. So it’s not that easy to turn down ur case just coz ur employer didn’t respond at the v first interaction.
But it’s always better to inform ur current and previous employers that they would be expecting an email regarding the matter.

my employer never got contacted by CiC for verification. N I got my visa in 3.5 months

Reactions: Marissa Darnayla

akash_arora01

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys please help me with the situation.
Today cic called at my workplace and there was an new employee and he said i do not work their and then they hang up the phone and then called my employer on his cellphone and he said i do work their but its my dayoff today.Is anyone gone through same situation. Please help. I am in real stress right now.
Thanks

akash_arora01

Feb 27, 2020
Today cic called at my workplace and there was an new employee and he said i do not work their and then they hang up the phone and then called my employer on his cellphone and he said i do work their but its my dayoff today.Is anyone gone through same situation. Please help. I am in real stress right now.
Thanks
Is anyone to help????

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Thanks
When did you submitted file ? AOR date?

Jasmeet1723

Jan 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently working as a Junior Software Tester In Canada.
I also have my India experience.
The history is as below:

Software Tester
7 December 2015 - 13 May 2016
Testing Web Application

Software Tester
27 May 2016 - 30 November 2016
Product Based Company
Testing Web Application & Back end Database

Working Hours were 45 hours/week.

Will this be considered as 1 year of Foreign Work Experience.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank You