+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC call employer for verification?

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Please help guys... this is what written on one of my work experience certificates.. nothing more.. is that enough??

"This is to certify that Mr. lssac Thankachan has been working with us from Cth Jan, 2015 to 3.5'h May, 2015 in the capacity of a Design Engineer. He has served our client office. He has perfornred his duties to the fullest and with utmost commitment. Today on 15th May, 20L5 we at Petrocon Engineers & Consultants, release him from his respective duties. He left the company on his own accord and we wish best of iuck on all his future endeavors."

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help guys... this is what written on one of my work experience certificates.. nothing more.. is that enough??

"This is to certify that Mr. lssac Thankachan has been working with us from Cth Jan, 2015 to 3.5'h May, 2015 in the capacity of a Design Engineer. He has served our client office. He has perfornred his duties to the fullest and with utmost commitment. Today on 15th May, 20L5 we at Petrocon Engineers & Consultants, release him from his respective duties. He left the company on his own accord and we wish best of iuck on all his future endeavors."
No it is not enough and will lead to rejection as you didn't include your duties and responsibilities, hours worked per week and salary.

Reactions: Tomi2

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017

Like del Piero has mentioned, the letter should contain the list of job roles and responsibilities which has to match around 80% with the NOC you have applied for

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
I am from Pakistan. Previous employer used to give salary on hand;that's why reluctant to mention it on my experience letter (due to taxation issues I believe).

On the other hand, they never gave any appointment or offer letter. I only have experience letter on their letterhead which states my job role precisely.

I have already received ITA.

My current employer has mentioned all required details on employment letter and I am working with them for more than four years; and it's a renowned organization in Pakistan.

Will it hurdle my immigration process???

Aherman

Aug 12, 2017
I noticed in the previous posts that the reference letter must have company logo and head letter. I put NOC under restaurant manager, & this is a small local Japanese restaurant. My former employer is willing to make a reference letter for me. I also have tax document about my salary from that restaurant. Is that ok if my former employer just make a regular reference letter since he does not have restaurant logo?

Dec 11, 2017
Thanks everyone!
dear all

i m having 12 years of experience but due to my negllencies i am not having work certificates for 12 years as i have worked in so many companies all are big company but i m not having proper releving letter for two companies.

what i should do in this case as i would never furnish any fake information.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
i think to a certain extent, it depends on the company (scale, presence online, recognition for example fortune 500) and the documentation you submit. If it is one of the big renown companies and you are able to submit all the documents on the company letterhead, chances of CIC calling your employer will be very less. However if the company is not well known or doesnt have a good presence online, CIC will call to check. And it depends on where your application is getting processed as well. For example from what i heard, applications processed in New delhi tend to get called for employer checks.

Palpatel931

Jan 1, 2018
My boss don't know English language well ,in case , if cic call or visit regarding my work experience . will they inquire in vernacular language?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My boss don't know English language well ,in case , if cic call or visit regarding my work experience . will they inquire in vernacular language?
Guess depends which language given CIC probably has a pretty diverse workforce and possible access to various consular offices around the world.

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I know some one who worked for this company for 4 years. Got alot of recognition and awards and was also promoted. In 4 years time he had 3 different position but under same department. In the last year he was fired by his line manager due to personal issues. How would he show this 4 years experience to CIC ? Will the HR support him with reference letters even though he was fired?

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
What happens if they can't confirm something from disability? That's what I receive, which is stated on my income tax print out form c27 I believe it was, will they return application after

ag123987

Feb 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm very worried about the fact that CIC might call my employer.

Here is my situation.
I have a unique work experience of 3 years.
I'm still working for my employer and I intend to leave my work only if I get my PR through EE.
As I'm not able to get a reference letter without raising any suspicion from my employer, I'm planning on giving those documents instead :
- My employment contract.
- A letter from HR stating that I'm currently working as a [job title] since [entry date] in the company. (this is the only "letter" I can get from HR)
- My first and last payslips.
- The general job description for my position within the company.
- A letter of explanation why I cannot give the proper document. (It will jeopordize my job)

My company is not part of the fortune 500 but it is a large IT service company with worldwide presence.
As I don't have any reference letter and my company is not well-known to the general public, I'm scared CIC will contact them...
Will they call even if I warn them that I don't want my employer to be informed of my plan to leave ??

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm very worried about the fact that CIC might call my employer.

Here is my situation.
I have a unique work experience of 3 years.
I'm still working for my employer and I intend to leave my work only if I get my PR through EE.
As I'm not able to get a reference letter without raising any suspicion from my employer, I'm planning on giving those documents instead :
- My employment contract.
- A letter from HR stating that I'm currently working as a [job title] since [entry date] in the company. (this is the only "letter" I can get from HR)
- My first and last payslips.
- The general job description for my position within the company.
- A letter of explanation why I cannot give the proper document. (It will jeopordize my job)

My company is not part of the fortune 500 but it is a large IT service company with worldwide presence.
As I don't have any reference letter and my company is not well-known to the general public, I'm scared CIC will contact them...
Will they call even if I warn them that I don't want my employer to be informed of my plan to leave ??

Thank you.
Yes, they can call them if they wish to verify any pieces of information.