+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC call employer for verification?

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
nikosyozzer said:
Just to confirm that CIc never called mine or my wife's employers. PR visa was issued last month.
they didnt call your employer?
after rrpf how long time medical email comes

Reactions: Tomi2

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys, I do not understand something. CIC really think every company in every country has an english speaker hr or manager? At my previous companies I am sure not even the director or CEO speaks english.

Reactions: sugarbell

Bambaleeeoo

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Toronto
Guys, I do not understand something. CIC really think every company in every country has an english speaker hr or manager? At my previous companies I am sure not even the director or CEO speaks english.
They may just use their local office representatives in your country, and local office will forward all the information to Ottawa.

Reactions: sandra02

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
please if you adjust your work experience you made after ita to include more work months during your application, will it be reviewed by cic and counted against you?

Reactions: Roop13

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Cic does call employers. Atleast in my case. So be ready please. May be you can use your manager. But be ready
will they call hr manager or any contact you put on the letter?also do you think they will call if your company doesnt have a website? just asking,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
will they call hr manager or any contact you put on the letter?also do you think they will call if your company doesnt have a website? just asking,
True not everyone has a website but most companies usually have a phone number listed somewhere and if you assume CIC might or might not employ someone in an applicants country probably easy to find a number. It is unlikely CIC will follow up every application but more likely either a random selection or where employment history looks suspicious.

Reactions: kaegon

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
here is my situation:

I have been working in a staffing company (lets call it company ABC, its a fortune 500 company) since May 2014 and in march 2016 they have deployed me in one of their client's offices (lets call it XYZ, one of the leading manufacturers of wind turbines). I am working in the HR department and the roles and responsibilities i have been given in XYZ is more of a direct match to what is mentioned in my applicable NOC when compared to ABC.

The thing is, ABC and XYZ have a global agreement that all employees in the HR department of XYZ except for the top management will be on the payroll of ABC. I have got 2 reference letters on the letterhead of my parent company ABC:

1) letter signed by my manager when i was working in ABC
2) letter signed by my manager in XYZ (and she is on the payroll of ABC as well)

so if CIC calls my manager when i was working in ABC, that shouldnt be an issue. I have submitted a deputation letter from ABC saying that i have been moved to XYZ from march 2016. I have however not submitted any letter from a direct employee of XYZ as mentioned previously, they are the top management and might not be aware of my day to day duties. I have mentioned the direct desk number and mobile phone number of my manager in XYZ in the body of the letter but the letterhead contains the number of ABC. Assuming, CIC calls my manager on her mobile phone and desk number and she doesnt pick up and then they call the number in the letter head which is the number of ABC and finds out that she is not working there but is in another office, will there be any issue?

i know it kind of sounds complicated and I myself got confused a bit explaining all this :) any answer would be helpful !

ayesh86

Jul 11, 2017
HI, waht if you were not on good terms with your previosu employer and they provide a negative feedback for you.