+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC allow forwarding mail to a Canadian address

delsie23

Nov 10, 2019
Mailing address and home address are two different concepts. CIC uses home address as a reference to arrange your oath or test.

In terms of reliability, it has always been good for me. I have changed my mailing addresses two times and keeping my home address the same. I don't have any issues with that. If CIC sent to the wrong address, it is certainly not your responsbility.
Hi,, I’ve got a question. Cause when my husband and I landed last week in Quebec the officer asked the address. We gave our residential address but forgot to give our PO box.. i don’t know how we can receive our PR cards. Are they going to delivery it in my residential address that I gave or I need po pick it up somewhre else

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi,, I’ve got a question. Cause when my husband and I landed last week in Quebec the officer asked the address. We gave our residential address but forgot to give our PO box.. i don’t know how we can receive our PR cards. Are they going to delivery it in my residential address that I gave or I need po pick it up somewhre else

They will send it to your residential address. However , pay special attention. When we first landed, we did not receive the cards for almost 2 months. So I called and at that time I found out that the officer did not put our address in the system.

Only when I called, they sent our PR cards in the mail. That was over 5 years ago.

delsie23

Nov 10, 2019
They will send it to your residential address. However , pay special attention. When we first landed, we did not receive the cards for almost 2 months. So I called and at that time I found out that the officer did not put our address in the system.

Only when I called, they sent our PR cards in the mail. That was over 5 years ago.
Oh okay.. thanks for the advice.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
can mailing address be changed to a foreign address while keeping home address in canada?
Not online. You could try contacting IRCC via webform or phone, but they may want to know why.

You might be better off having a friend check your mailbox especially if going for a short period of time. If longer period then remember you would need to return for interview (in 99% of cases) and oath at a minimum while maintaining your PR status (730 days per five years).