+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CEC require proof of previous non Canadian work experience?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello everyone,
Lets say I graduate in Canada and work for a year then apply for CEC.
Does it require that I submit anything from my previous employer in my home country? Just trying to think ahead as this might be difficult to obtain at that point.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
If you are not claiming CRS points with your previous employment in your home country, no need to provide proof. Also make sure don't list them on work history section when filling out the forms (but include in personal history section though).

Reactions: yaadman and andry

andry

Apr 21, 2018
If you are not claiming CRS points with your previous employment in your home country, no need to provide proof. Also make sure don't list them on work history section when filling out the forms (but include in personal history section though).
Hi limin_w. thanks for the response. in "Work history" "We will assess candidate's current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate candidate's score. ". Does it mean I can include experience which I want to be used for the application? Not the all my work experience.

I don't wan't to include my non-canadian experience as it would take a lot of effort to prove it. Also, If I didn't include some canadian experience, would it be ok? I'm ok with not redeeming the points for those jobs. Thanks in advance!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Also, If I didn't include some canadian experience, would it be ok? I'm ok with not redeeming the points for those jobs. Thanks in advance!
That is fine.
You only need to place jobs that you are claiming points for in work history section.
All your other work experience, Canadian or non Canadian, can go into personal history section after ITA.

Reactions: andry

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi limin_w. thanks for the response. in "Work history" "We will assess candidate's current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate candidate's score. ". Does it mean I can include experience which I want to be used for the application? Not the all my work experience.

I don't wan't to include my non-canadian experience as it would take a lot of effort to prove it. Also, If I didn't include some canadian experience, would it be ok? I'm ok with not redeeming the points for those jobs. Thanks in advance!
Yup you'd be fine.

Reactions: andry

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me with this situation. I just got my ITA under CEC couple days ago but I noticed that I was asked to provide offer letter, employment letter and employment records.

Upon further research I found out that it was because I answered Yes to the "do you have a valid offer" question.

Can I still change it to no when I update the profile or would it be misrepresentation?

Thanks for your reply

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me with this situation. I just got my ITA under CEC couple days ago but I noticed that I was asked to provide offer letter, employment letter and employment records.

Upon further research I found out that it was because I answered Yes to the "do you have a valid offer" question.

Can I still change it to no when I update the profile or would it be misrepresentation?

Thanks for your reply
If you have said yes to valid job offer i reckon you would have been awarded 50 points right ? The document has to be provided else, you will end up loosing 50 points

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply. These are the points I got below
Age 110
Language 116
Education 135
Canadian work experience 40
Foreign education 50
Foreign work 0
Arranged employment 0
Canadian education 30.

Total 481

I don't see any other 50 points. I tried the crs points again and it gave me same 481.

Please reply

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply. These are the points I got below
Age 110
Language 116
Education 135
Canadian work experience 40
Foreign education 50
Foreign work 0
Arranged employment 0
Canadian education 30.

Total 481

I don't see any other 50 points. I tried the crs points again and it gave me same 481.

Please reply
Okay, so the arranged employment is 0, so that's good...
What I have submitted as part of work experience documents is the following:
- Letter of Reference provided by the Canadian organization(which mentions number of hours/week, designation, since when I am working, offer details, job responsibilities)
- Pay stubs for 6 months
- Offer letter/Employment Contract which was originally issued to me in Aug 2016. (you can choose not to provide this, but i have noticed on the forum, it gets into a bit of scrutiny)
- T4 form(redact the SIN#)

Reactions: Soj917

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks bimale4bipeople.

So you think I should be able to change the profile or should just leave it as is and upload my old offer letter.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks bimale4bipeople.

So you think I should be able to change the profile or should just leave it as is and upload my old offer letter.
Leave the profile as it is buddy don't tinker with it.. and yeah upload your offer letter which you would have received when you started working for this organization.