+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CEC require proof of previous non Canadian work experience?

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
Another question

1) there is no slot for my English test in the checklist, should I include it with the education documents?

2) it is asking for proof of funds, but I thought this wasn't needed for CEC. should I ignore?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Another question

1) there is no slot for my English test in the checklist, should I include it with the education documents?

2) it is asking for proof of funds, but I thought this wasn't needed for CEC. should I ignore?
- Yes correct, attach it with your ECA(if you were educated outside of Canada), Degree, Mark sheets/Transcripts and the language score
- You can mention a LoE saying that you are a CEC and you are not required to show PoF

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, don't ignore. Read directions : )

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Prabhjot Maan

Jul 13, 2018
Hi,
I received ITA under CEC. My score is 452. But I did a mistake in Education section. I answered 'Yes' for half of the course being english or french. The question was not clear.
So, I did not get any additional points for post-secondary education. I should be getting 30 extra which makes my score 482.
I am so confused if I should decline my invitation and start a new profile or continue with the same, as my score will go higher.
Please someone help.
Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I received ITA under CEC. My score is 452. But I did a mistake in Education section. I answered 'Yes' for half of the course being english or french. The question was not clear.

The question is not whether the courses are delivered in English or French, it is about whether the courses are learning English or French as a second / foreign language. Courses focused on learning/improving language skills are not eligible for points as secondary education.

So, I did not get any additional points for post-secondary education. I should be getting 30 extra which makes my score 482.

I am so confused if I should decline my invitation and start a new profile or continue with the same, as my score will go higher.
Please someone help.

It doesn't really matter, since you got the ITA anyway (unless you are concerned about losing other points). But you can change the answer to the question if appropriate (include a brief letter of explanation about the change and misundersanding the question) , and proceed with the application; no need to decline.