+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am editing my reply to word it better.

Seems like the entire province of Quebec wont be on the list. I was going to take my vacation next month.
A friend's friend is a new international student at Faculty of Dentistry received an email saying this:

imgur link:
Thanks for sharing this. In some ways this seems difficult to believe since it would exclude universities like McGill and Concordia. In other ways, I could see this being possible since Quebec has been doing a poor job of managing COVID-19 as compared to other parts of Canada.

SultansOfSwing

Oct 18, 2020
Make your conclusions until 20/10-21/10. The list will come out then. Hopefully everything is positive and things are relatively and comingback to normal.

Last edited:

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Thanks for sharing this. In some ways this seems difficult to believe since it would exclude universities like McGill and Concordia. In other ways, I could see this being possible since Quebec has been doing a poor job of managing COVID-19 as compared to other parts of Canada.
Where is you evidence of poor management? Are you aware of the population spread in Quebec and Ontario compared to other provinces?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Where is you evidence of poor management? Are you aware of the population spread in Quebec and Ontario compared to other provinces?
Evidence of poor management is in the new case stats. New cases have started going up quite dramatically which means not enough is being done. I live in Toronto so am keeping track of the statistics on new cases daily and am worried about what's happening around me. And yes, obviously very aware of population spread as someone who was born here. Toronto just instituted another lock-down of certain services for 28 days which was the right move. Both Quebec and Ontario are going in the wrong direction in terms of new case numbers (I know this was predicted by medical professionals but still sad to see it happening). Ontario is not looking good. However Quebec is looking worse given the number of cases vs. population (i.e. cases per capita). Quebec has about half of the population of Ontario and yet Quebec racking up around 30% more new cases daily than Ontario. Quebec also has twice as many deaths as Ontario (again, with half of the population).

Here's one simple site for tracking daily cases and the overall numbers per province:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That doesn't prove bad management.
Fair enough. Maybe poor management was a wrong choice of words. However if cases are going up and there's been a dramatic jump in new case numbers, then stricter measures are required to control the spread (as Toronto and other cities in Ontario just instituted).

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Guys relax,The new rules have more to do with the covid readiness plans and not the number of cases coz those case numbers may change quickly,today it is Quebec nd Ontario having more cases,tomorrow it may be Alberta.It would just keep changing.

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Guys relax,The new rules have more to do with the covid readiness plans and not the number of cases coz those case numbers may change quickly,today it is Quebec nd Ontario having more cases,tomorrow it may be Alberta.It would just keep changing.
personally, i believe if the number went up too quickly, ircc could revise the policy again to limit students entering canada. nothing is for sure before you put your feet on the land of canada.

proceso

May 1, 2020
personally, i believe if the number went up too quickly, ircc could revise the policy again to limit students entering canada. nothing is for sure before you put your feet on the land of canada.
I don't think governments should be greedy as kindergarten kids. Would anyone create rules "Hoping" things would stay steady ?, they must have a better plan that.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
I don't think governments should be greedy as kindergarten kids. Would anyone create rules "Hoping" things would stay steady ?, they must have a better plan that.
Yes,and most universities even in Quebec are still hopeful that they would be on the list.They know most students won't enroll or would reconsider their decision to enroll if the university is not on the list.

SultansOfSwing

Oct 18, 2020
Oh well, Dal "screwed" me just a little here. Saying they would be on that list on October 20th and that I can book a flight and shouldn't worry and now emailing me last night saying they are not gonna be on that list before November. Oh well, at least the stupid rule with the visa before March 18th won't count no more.

Actually, I kinda feel like the rising case numbers will make them change the rules again btw... Hope not but just knowing how Germany is right now....
Where did you get the info that there will be multiple lists? I assumed the list (which is going to get released by tomorrow) would be the only one. Does anyone,from McGill in this forum,know if there will be 2 or multiple lists?