+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
Does anyone know if the old rules still count for the people that are traveling without their DLI on that list?
I am supposed to be flying to Canada Tuesday. However, my DLI won't be on that list until November.

Do the old rules count for me then? Like study permit before March 18th and proving that my travel is essential? Because that's what I have planed for. My study permit is from two years ago and I have enough reasons for essential travel.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Does anyone know if the old rules still count for the people that are traveling without their DLI on that list?
I am supposed to be flying to Canada Tuesday. However, my DLI won't be on that list until November.

Do the old rules count for me then? Like study permit before March 18th and proving that my travel is essential? Because that's what I have planed for. My study permit is from two years ago and I have enough reasons for essential travel.
how do you know it wont be on the list and will come on the list next month?
reconsider your plan. If they send you back they may invalidate your counterfoil too. another person here had same experience

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
how do you know it wont be on the list and will come on the list next month?
reconsider your plan. If they send you back they may invalidate your counterfoil too. another person here had same experience
My university e-mailed us that they won't be on the list on October 20th but sometime in November.
I am reconsidering a lot right now... That's why I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

What do you mean by "invalidate your counterfoil"?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

You are no longer allowed to fly unless your DLI is in the list of Covid19 readiness plan. Cancel/Postpone your ticket. You are going to waste money by attempting to fly. Do not fly until you see your institute in Covid19 list. Visas issued before March 18th exception is no longer in effect.

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
You are no longer allowed to fly unless your DLI is in the list of Covid19 readiness plan. Cancel/Postpone your ticket. You are going to waste money by attempting to fly. Do not fly until you see your institute in Covid19 list. Visas issued before March 18th exception is no longer in effect.
Thanks! That's what I expected. This is so annoying. Oh well, waiting until early November isn't going to make a big difference now anyways...

Chubby boy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
My university e-mailed us that they won't be on the list on October 20th but sometime in November.
I am reconsidering a lot right now... That's why I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

Can you tell me your university name and share the content of email

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
Can you tell me your university name and share the content of email
Dalhousie University

And that's the most important part:

Dalhousie University is very pleased that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has revised border restrictions to welcome international students and their immediate family members to approved Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs), starting later this month. For detailed information, please refer to IRCC’s update on travel restriction exemptions for international students.

You are able to apply for your study permit and visa at any time, but Dalhousie must be included on the Approved DLI list before you will be able to travel to Canada. Currently, we are consulting with our provincial and federal government partners to ensure that we will be included on the Approved DLI list and anticipate that will happen in early to mid November. We will advise all Dalhousie international students when Dalhousie is included on the Approved DLI list.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020

Most universities would get approval by Winter 2021 intake start.Dunno how they would process visas tho.

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
Shiiit,this sucks man.
Oh well, Dal "screwed" me just a little here. Saying they would be on that list on October 20th and that I can book a flight and shouldn't worry and now emailing me last night saying they are not gonna be on that list before November. Oh well, at least the stupid rule with the visa before March 18th won't count no more.

Actually, I kinda feel like the rising case numbers will make them change the rules again btw... Hope not but just knowing how Germany is right now....

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Oh well, Dal "screwed" me just a little here. Saying they would be on that list on October 20th and that I can book a flight and shouldn't worry and now emailing me last night saying they are not gonna be on that list before November. Oh well, at least the stupid rule with the visa before March 18th won't count no more.

Actually, I kinda feel like the rising case numbers will make them change the rules again btw... Hope not but just knowing how Germany is right now....
Wait for 20th,maybe they'd announce

I thought they had come to an acceptance that covid-19 is gonna be with us for a while,and international education should not take a hit bcz of it, that's why the new visa changes.