+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Not the same thing. IRCC has to approve what has been approved by the provinces / territories. The DLI covid ready list has not yet been published by IRCC.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Not the same thing. IRCC has to approve what has been approved by the provinces / territories. The DLI covid ready list has not yet been published by IRCC.
I think I didn’t word myself correctly. This should be on the list. Tuesday is coming, we will see whether I was correct once the list is released

Reactions: proceso

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
I already received an email from UNBC that their plan was approved and they expect to be on the list on the 20th. It's even stated on the website online

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I think I didn’t word myself correctly. This should be on the list. Tuesday is coming, we will see whether I was correct once the list is released
I'd be confident that the public universities and colleges will be on the DLI covid ready list but IRCC are very very unpredictable and their level of service has been poor, not all their fault, in an unprecedented situation, mistakes on decisions happen.

I was quite optimistic on 2nd October at the announcements but again have become quite pessimistic, knowing my daughter's permit was actually approved almost 4 months ago (from GCMS notes) and archived and that not a single webmail has received a response from London IRCC office. I was optimistic hat those with approved permits would have received their official approvals by now / that the DLI covid ready list would have been made public by now, however 15 days later and 3 days to go before Student Entry rules change, still no updates, still no-one has received their official approvals of permits, with what must be around 100,000 permit applicants waiting in limbo.

It's so hard. Cannot book flights. Getting demands from the university residences to confirm or let go the room which has been reserved for almost a year - my daughter wrote back to ask the Canadian government, getting a demand for private health insurance / RAMQ yet cannot confirm whether travelling. The lack of decisions and lack of information is making this whole situation much worse than it needs to be.

Reactions: Alamj

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
I'd be confident that the public universities and colleges will be on the DLI covid ready list but IRCC are very very unpredictable and their level of service has been poor, not all their fault, in an unprecedented situation, mistakes on decisions happen.

I was quite optimistic on 2nd October at the announcements but again have become quite pessimistic, knowing my daughter's permit was actually approved almost 4 months ago (from GCMS notes) and archived and that not a single webmail has received a response from London IRCC office. I was optimistic hat those with approved permits would have received their official approvals by now / that the DLI covid ready list would have been made public by now, however 15 days later and 3 days to go before Student Entry rules change, still no updates, still no-one has received their official approvals of permits, with what must be around 100,000 permit applicants waiting in limbo.

It's so hard. Cannot book flights. Getting demands from the university residences to confirm or let go the room which has been reserved for almost a year - my daughter wrote back to ask the Canadian government, getting a demand for private health insurance / RAMQ yet cannot confirm whether travelling. The lack of decisions and lack of information is making this whole situation much worse than it needs to be.

Sooo true. I have booked my first flight for August 14th. Then the CBSA told me on the phone two weeks before that I shouldn't fly. Cancelled everything. Then I booked a flight for last Sunday because the CBSA told me I should be fine coming now (have lived/studied in Canada for 2 years already). Then the list was announced so I changed my flight to Tuesday bc my university (Dalhousie) told me they were gonna be on that list on the 20th. Now I know Dal will be on that list, BUT earliest sometime in November.
So I am stuck again with my flight on Tuesday but at this point I am just gonna risk it and hope my travel is considered essential.

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
My university "Adler University, Vancouver, posted their readiness plan on their website", so that means they may be in the list. But classes will be online for the January intake.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020

I understand you, I am also super mad because I did already deposit money to be at my college residence starting November 15th. My embassy send me a letter through GC key stating that I am approved (giving me a study permit number, expiry date and all that jazz) BUT told me that since I am not exempt they would not request my passport. No letter of introduction. Many people say that they don’t know whether they were approved or not, but knowing that you are and not having that freaking sticker in your passport stamped is even worse. There is nothing I can plan, but I have to come to terms with potentially losing about 1000 CAD for each month my visa gets delayed.
Your daughter is super fortunate that her parents know English and can be as invested into all of this process. Mine can only yell at me for worrying over this stuff since they speak and read zero English. They say it all doesn’t matter, I will be eventually in Canada. Nonetheless, please keep her thinking positive, even if you are super depressed. It will work out at the end.

P. S. By the way, did you guys try calling IRCC branch in London? Maybe they unlike Ukrainian accept calls. I googled and it seems as they do have a phone number. Also, it you send documents through the webform then local IRCC branches do give at least some form of response (worked a few times in my case, otherwise they ignored my questions)

• Wow
Reactions: PwnerHarry

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I understand you, I am also super mad because I did already deposit money to be at my college residence starting November 15th. My embassy send me a letter through GC key stating that I am approved (giving me a study permit number, expiry date and all that jazz) BUT told me that since I am not exempt they would not request my passport. No letter of introduction. Many people say that they don’t know whether they were approved or not, but knowing that you are and not having that freaking sticker in your passport stamped is even worse. There is nothing I can plan, but I have to come to terms with potentially losing about 1000 CAD for each month my visa gets delayed.
Your daughter is super fortunate that her parents know English and can be as invested into all of this process. Mine can only yell at me for worrying over this stuff since they speak and read zero English. They say it all doesn’t matter, I will be eventually in Canada. Nonetheless, please keep her thinking positive, even if you are super depressed. It will work out at the end.

P. S. By the way, did you guys try calling IRCC branch in London? Maybe they unlike Ukrainian accept calls. I googled and it seems as they do have a phone number. Also, it you send documents through the webform then local IRCC branches do give at least some form of response (worked a few times in my case, otherwise they ignored my questions)
London IRCC does not answer the phone, for sure I tried. However I did send an email to IRCC London and the first stage notification came 24 hours later and I can see from GCMS notes the email was linked to file and triggered the first stage notification - as someone who works as a VO but not for Canada, I know this first / second stage is a gimmick. IRCC London did not bother to reply to the email. I found that quite rude, but IRCC did not reply to any webforms either. It is frustrating that it is impossible to take to anyone in IRCC.

BTW I don't think my daughter is that fortunate, she has no father who abandonned her. I'm not on a great income either, so it's a heavy investment for me for any of my children to go into higher education.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Sooo true. I have booked my first flight for August 14th. Then the CBSA told me on the phone two weeks before that I shouldn't fly. Cancelled everything. Then I booked a flight for last Sunday because the CBSA told me I should be fine coming now (have lived/studied in Canada for 2 years already). Then the list was announced so I changed my flight to Tuesday bc my university (Dalhousie) told me they were gonna be on that list on the 20th. Now I know Dal will be on that list, BUT earliest sometime in November.
So I am stuck again with my flight on Tuesday but at this point I am just gonna risk it and hope my travel is considered essential.
It sucks. My daughter won't book flights until she has 1) her study permit officially approved or 2) Bishop's goes on the DLI covid ready list and 3) now until after Christmas and Bishop's international office which has not answered emails can confirm their plans for quarantining of international students for Winter 2021 semester, they did a sterling job arranging for Fall 2020 semester but got few international students as they were only returning international or incoming US nationals, with all the non US incoming international students banned from travelling as none had got study permits approved, my daughter was one of first to apply back September 2019! Bishop's have 1300 dollars of my money and have had it for months, first month's rent, happy for them to make interest on it as they've allowed the room to remain open for my daughter to arrive as soon as IRCC allow her to travel. Normally I'd be mad that a university has kept my money and not returned it, but in the circumstances, more than happy with Bishop's and their decisions, pity it's not Bishop's management doing the managing of IRCC.

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
It sucks. My daughter won't book flights until she has 1) her study permit officially approved or 2) Bishop's goes on the DLI covid ready list and 3) now until after Christmas and Bishop's international office which has not answered emails can confirm their plans for quarantining of international students for Winter 2021 semester, they did a sterling job arranging for Fall 2020 semester but got few international students as they were only returning international or incoming US nationals, with all the non US incoming international students banned from travelling as none had got study permits approved, my daughter was one of first to apply back September 2019! Bishop's have 1300 dollars of my money and have had it for months, first month's rent, happy for them to make interest on it as they've allowed the room to remain open for my daughter to arrive as soon as IRCC allow her to travel. Normally I'd be mad that a university has kept my money and not returned it, but in the circumstances, more than happy with Bishop's and their decisions, pity it's not Bishop's management doing the managing of IRCC.
I see! My room wasn't kept empty but it still is empty now - so I got it again. I don't even understand why Dal is not on that list now. I am quarantining ins Residence and everything is organized... From food delivery's to possibilities to go get fresh air.

I hope your daughter will get the possibility to travel and "really" start uni soon. The only reason why I might get in and your daughter might not is that I have been in Canada for a longer time before.

Also is she taking online classes right now? Or is she just waiting since you said that her study permit isn't "officially" approved?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
You're welcome and sure thing!
Hey. Sorry if I disturbed you. Any update from centennial? I have mailed them and they have not replied yet even after it been like a week.