+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
honestly, why are yall scared? I was too but then I thought about it. See we still haven't gotten our biometrics done and I guess that'll be possible after the 20th of October. So even if our DLI gets approved, we won't be able to fly!! And I know it's great to have an option to fly to Canada but once we get our biometrics done, it'll take us more than a month to get our Visas stamped.
Scared because I already have a visa and my spouse has landed a job with an open work permit with date of joining at the 1st week of November. :)

I can't travel now because I don't have a travel support letter.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey guys relax. The list will be uploaded online by IRCC before 20th of October, most probably arround 8-10 October and all the major well known DLIs will be on that list.
I fear that due to politics, DLIs in hotspots will be forced to stay shut like Toronto and Montreal. To be honest, I will be surprised if DLIs in these places are allowed to open given the restrictions that the premiers have been putting specifically on these regions in the past. DLIs may include:
McGill
University of Montreal
University of Toronto
York University
All Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa Colleges
University of Ottawa
Carleton University
University of WIndsor
Ryerson

Reactions: BIG_T

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
I fear that due to politics DLIs in hotspots will be forced to stay shut like Toronto and Montreal
My two cents on this current scenario is that Canada has decided in principle to let international students in because they have seen the numbers and alot of international students have not started online studies even after receiving AIP so basically they are afraid of loosing out on that 23 billion or whatever the number is if they keep these restrictions any longer. Yes they will allow students in phases but anyone enrolled in a reputed DLI shouldnt worry anymore. They will make the list sooner or later and by later i mean by Dec 2020.

Reactions: BIG_T and azzamkc

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My two cents on this current scenario is that Canada has decided in principle to let international students in because they have seen the numbers and alot of international students have not started online studies even after receiving AIP so basically they are afraid of loosing out on that 23 billion or whatever the number is if they keep these restrictions any longer. Yes they will allow students in phases but anyone enrolled in a reputed DLI shouldnt worry anymore. They will make the list sooner or later and by later i mean by Dec 2020.
I don't care about being students being let in, I want to have in person classes and the more infections taking place around the area, the less likely that is going to happen. Taking remote classes from Canada or Timbuktu is essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alamj

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
Hi, could you please explain how did you confirm this? Because, I spoke to them just yesterday and they told me that their Covid readiness plan was not approved YET (just like any other DLI) but they were expecting it to be approved.
I just mailed my department and asked that whether McMaster is approved or not? And they replied that McMaster University is not approved, but we will let you know If any changes take place.

aegaeg

May 5, 2020
I just mailed my department and asked that whether McMaster is approved or not? And they replied that McMaster University is not approved, but we will let you know If any changes take place.
Thanks. Then, do you think they may refer to this “being not approved yet” situation rather than being rejected? I am hopeful that major institutions will be in the list. Especially McMaster, given that they already had a pretty solid quarantine plan for international students even before these changes.

Tarora

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Does not matter even if DLI comes in the list or not people are getting update that there course will be done remotly .. in such scenario the course which include workshop or lab work only those students will be allowed

yesterday i got an update from sheridan informing my course will be done remotly and i sent an email to defer my course

my visa is in process from 21st september. Dont know whats going to happen ...

Reactions: Alamj

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I don't know why people always bring up 23 billion dollar student industry. I hate to tell you that this is fraction of what Canada's GDP depends on. It definitely brings money but not the MAJOR economy funder and for that reason, it's not a priority.

Reactions: MsCutler

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
I don't know why people always bring up 23 billion dollar student industry. I hate to tell you that this is fraction of what Canada's GDP depends on. It definitely brings money but not the MAJOR economy funder and for that reason, it's not a priority.
So then why do u think they allowed international students all of a sudden in the middle of a second wave?

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
So they let the students come in to serve?

• Haha
Reactions: Bond 007