+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Just got off a Webinar by YorkU and they confirmed that they have an approved COVID readiness plan in place. However they announced that winter 21 will also be online. So it's still all up in the air.
I'm in the same boat. My uni said it's COVID 19 plan has been confirmed but it's winter 21 intake would be online

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
If you are totally online why would you be allowed in Canada. I think it depends if the DLI is approved or not
Why not? You can travel to Canada now even though you have online travel so long as you have 1) a study permit 2) a study permit approved before 18 March 2020 or 3) a study permit approved / bought as US national or permanent resident via USA and also you must prove "essential travel".

Reactions: ShaUCan and Petita

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Why not? You can travel to Canada now even though you have online travel so long as you have 1) a study permit 2) a study permit approved before 18 March 2020 or 3) a study permit approved / bought as US national or permanent resident via USA and also you must prove "essential travel".
True, I momentarily forgot that IRCC doesn't make policy based on logic

proceso

May 1, 2020
If you are totally online why would you be allowed in Canada. I think it depends if the DLI is approved or not
Because I didn't pay for a online course. Expected to have something called "Canadian Experience", so I should have access to at least some of that.

+ studying with 12 Hours of time zone difference is not acceptable at all, Classes are online but they are live classes
+ Not having access to a stable internet connection
And that's why they should allow us to travel

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Yangz

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Does anyone know about Centennial?
Yes I wanna know the same too. Centennial's international support is worst when it comes to time taken for replying to mails. Keep us updated if anyone get any info, I will do the same as well.

Reactions: deni2020

_briannaashley

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Yes I wanna know the same too. Centennial's international support is worst when it comes to time taken for replying to mails. Keep us updated if anyone get any info, I will do the same as well.
Hi, I emailed the International dpt. They responded with this:

IRCC Update on Entry to Canada – October 2, 2020 October 6, 2020 Recognizing how important it is for international students to realize their goal of completing their postsecondary studies from within Canada, the Government of Canada has been working diligently over the past few months to find a safe way to welcome new international students. In August 2020, the federal government released an attestation that outlined new rules and regulations designed to ensure that Designated Learning Institutions have all of the necessary tools, resources and processes in place to safely host international students at their institution and within their communities. Soon after, the Ontario government released additional requirements for post-secondary institutions in the province, including a requirement to administer a COVID-19 test to all incoming international students. Like many other institutions across the country, Centennial College reviewed the attestation requirements carefully to measure our ability to respond effectively to this call to action. Upon reading the attestation, though, it became clear to us: we can and will do this. With the confidence that we have the resources and processes in place to welcome international students safely, Centennial College seized this opportunity to respond to the attestation by formalizing our new International Student Preparedness Plan. This comprehensive 77-page document outlines the processes and protocols we have devised to provide you, our new international students, with safe passage to study in Canada. After much consultation, we submitted our plan to the Ontario government on September 1, 2020. The Ontario government is currently reviewing our submission, and we eagerly await the provinces approval of our plan so that we can soon welcome you to Canada. Since submitting the attestation, Centennial College continues to work closely with all levels of government to move this process along quickly. As soon as official notice of approval is received, we will contact you to provide you with important information about the next steps on your journey to study in Canada.