+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
That would make for atrocious PR and also result in them losing lots of money, trust, and "face". I really hope they are smarter than deciding to go down that route.
It's already atrocious PR and I look back at that 2nd October press conference and this it was nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Genuine institutions have spent enormous amounts of time and energy in preparing campuses over the Summer for students where classes are still physical, mainly all for nothing, as no study permits were officially approved meaning few international students, they could well be doing the same gearing up for Winter 2021 semester and again international students have not got approved study permits and still unable to travel. Students are not to blame for this. I'm leaning increasingly against these rules at all costs because students are being damaged emotionally and financially, communities who serve students are damaged. We are forgetting so much other illnesses which can kill too. Oh I need to sleep. It's turned the lives upside down of too many people.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It's already atrocious PR and I look back at that 2nd October press conference and this it was nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Genuine institutions have spent enormous amounts of time and energy in preparing campuses over the Summer for students where classes are still physical, mainly all for nothing, as no study permits were officially approved meaning few international students, they could well be doing the same gearing up for Winter 2021 semester and again international students have not got approved study permits and still unable to travel. Students are not to blame for this. I'm leaning increasingly against these rules at all costs because students are being damaged emotionally and financially, communities who serve students are damaged. We are forgetting so much other illnesses which can kill too. Oh I need to sleep. It's turned the lives upside down of too many people.
The Justin Trudeau administration is all about publicity stunts

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Man, these bloody Quebecer govt is always like that. Always want to be different and special with their "Banjur Hi" fkng shit in the middle of the pandemic. Rather than taking care of the homeless people, they are worried about the language. Fkng shit as always. Big mistake of coming here. Should have gone to Toronto or anywhere that is not in Quebec.
Dougie Ford is even more likely to shut down Ontario than Legault is Quebec

Reactions: PwnerHarry

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
IRCC has everything to do with immigration policy and can choose to accept or reject the listing of any DLI on a DLI covid ready list. So a province can approve a covid ready plan but IRCC has the right to place DLIs on their list or no

Since I'm bored and frustrated right now, I'm picturing the Quebec and Ontario health ministers arguing with Mendicino over this list.
You are insisting in a theory which doesn't exist. It is normal that you don't understand how things work here in Canada as you don't have any experience.
So, again, the provincial governments decide which DLI is approved or not. The only thing that ircc does is to host the list with the approved DLIs in order to be everything in the same place, in federal's government website, as this isn't ircc's website but federal's government. All these aren't figments of my imagination, so you can stop picturing the Quebec and Ontario health ministers arguing with Mendicino over this list.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

"The list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place will be posted on IRCC’s web page for international students affected by COVID-19 restrictions and updated regularly as provinces and territories identify additional schools."

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
You are insisting in a theory which doesn't exist. It is normal that you don't understand how things work here in Canada as you don't have any experience.
So, again, the provincial governments decide which DLI is approved or not. The only thing that ircc does is to host the list with the approved DLIs in order to be everything in the same place, in federal's government website, as this isn't ircc's website but federal's government. All these aren't figments of my imagination, so you can stop picturing the Quebec and Ontario health ministers arguing with Mendicino over this list.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

"The list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place will be posted on IRCC’s web page for international students affected by COVID-19 restrictions and updated regularly as provinces and territories identify additional schools."
Thank you for posting a sane comment.

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
https://giphy.com/gifs/ezHv7yqjMAgrCO8G5T

Did you read the e-mail above?
https://giphy.com/gifs/ezHv7yqjMAgrCO8G5T

The problem shouldn’t be about the list but the fact that at the time they post it, the borders will open.
Some people already have passports with visas.

PwnerHarry

Star Member
Man, these bloody Quebecer govt is always like that. Always want to be different and special with their "Banjur Hi" fkng shit in the middle of the pandemic. Rather than taking care of the homeless people, they are worried about the language. Fkng shit as always. Big mistake of coming here. Should have gone to Toronto or anywhere that is not in Quebec.
Seriously? Quebec is indeed inherently different. The government acts on behalf of the French speaking majority here and there is nothing to complain about it really. Also, CAQ is a pretty popular provincial government. Respect and please remember every status quo has its history. Also, the homelessness in Montreal is actually in much better shape than other provinces's shiny cities.