+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone have his application going from "AOR" to "IN PROCESS" in ECAS during COVID yet

kazawi

Nov 12, 2014
I am a January 2020 applicant and got my AOR in March 14th 2020 few days before COVID shutdown but nothing since then and i am still having in ECAS "Application Received" .
Does IRCC resumed processing application and anyone have any information about starting processing applications and had any updates in ECAS from "APPLLICATION RECEIVED" to " IN PROCESS".?
I know that IRCC resumed online Oath Ceremonies and sending AOR but nothing yet about tests which suppose their application are already "in Process" .

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
It seems that currently applications are being accepted, but not processed.
So far i didnt hear of any "in process" case since the start of all this ...

Reactions: kazawi

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I am a January 2020 applicant and got my AOR in March 14th 2020 few days before COVID shutdown but nothing since then and i am still having in ECAS "Application Received" .
Does IRCC resumed processing application and anyone have any information about starting processing applications and had any updates in ECAS from "APPLLICATION RECEIVED" to " IN PROCESS".?
I know that IRCC resumed online Oath Ceremonies and sending AOR but nothing yet about tests which suppose their application are already "in Process" .
Received AOR March 13th, no word at all either. Think i'll call soon.

kazawi

Nov 12, 2014
Mine went backwards. From in process to aor
it is really weird .how our application are processed..!!!
When does it turned "In Process".? is it before COVID shutdown?? and is it recently that got switched again to "Application Received".?
Did you try call IRCC to inquire about it?
Thank you .

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I sent a webform. They said it is in process. Ecas says aor. Dont know what to belive no more. But im hoping theyll sort it out soon.

rms777

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, below is my timeline for applying for a Citizenship Certificate for my 3yr old Daughter from outside US/Canada.

Timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 13, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter that was sent on Aug 13, was a Delay Notice (only received by email) states: - “The purpose of this letter is to advise you that while a preliminary review of your citizenship application(s) is now complete, the file has been referred to our Program Support Unit for an additional review. You will be contacted by an officer if additional information or documentation is required.”

No updates since then, called the embassy and they had no information for me. My Ecas Status changed recently from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

Im assuming I still have to wait and nothing much I can do.

Reactions: jd8i

limits

May 13, 2015
To answer the OP's question, no. Look at the citizenship tracker, no one's application has gone from AOR to ECAS ever since the COVID demon.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
things are slow but progressing , saw few post this morning on people got their application "in-process" last week, the file was received in January 2020. so we have hope.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I guess in ECAS your status only changes to in process if your application is sent to the nearest office. And due to Covid, i think they haven't been sent over to the local office yet.

From Canada.Ca :-
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office closest to your home for processing.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I guess in ECAS your status only changes to in process if your application is sent to the nearest office. And due to Covid, i think they haven't been sent over to the local office yet.

From Canada.Ca :-
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office closest to your home for processing.
I dont know if they are still sending the physical file which wastes weeks of time rather than referring online everything. if not i wonder why it takes time.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I dont know if they are still sending the physical file which wastes weeks of time rather than referring online everything. if not i wonder why it takes time.
They actually send a physical file which usually takes about 2-4 months as confirmed by IRCC