+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents sent to WES, "business temporarily closed" in tracking info

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

I sent my credentials to WES awhile ago and I thought my mail was finally going to be delivered today (as of Monday 22nd of June) but the most recent progress is "business temporarily closed; item on hold" (not hold in WES, but in postal service). I contacted with Canada Post and I was told that WES is currently closed and they will accept shipments once they open back. It does not make sense to me the fact that they seem to be open from 9am to 6pm during COVID hours but I'm confused and frustrated now when my mail is going to be delivered for evaluation. Has anybody recently encountered the same problem? Is there anything else I can do at the moment?

Thanks for your help.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
No, I don’t have any updates either from postal service or WES. This is ridiculous.

Khush1802

Jun 24, 2020
i called Canada post and they said they will hold the packet until business confirm them that they are open to accept packets. And they also advised that we should call WES and tell them to let Canada post know that they can accept packets.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
There is also an announcement in WES website saying that the employees are working from home and the staff is minimal. That might mean that they're just evaluating what already was in the office and maybe distributed documents among all and they will start accepting mails once they all finished the previous ones? That is my guess

msri

Jul 13, 2020
i am too having same status "Business temporarily closed; item on hold", last checked today
Yesterday night, courier got delivered as per canada post website.
What I know, WES will take approx 5 days to reflect in their system.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Yesterday night, courier got delivered as per canada post website.
What I know, WES will take approx 5 days to reflect in their system.
Thanks for the information, can you pls tell me when the Canada Post first attempted deliver and when it was delivered to WES?
I'm going to try to calculate when my mail will be picked up. Thanks.

msri

Jul 13, 2020
Thanks for the information, can you pls tell me when the Canada Post first attempted deliver and when it was delivered to WES?
I'm going to try to calculate when my mail will be picked up. Thanks.
9th July: 1st delivery attempt failed
13th july: delivery was successful

note: its not yet updated in WES

Prit94

Jun 29, 2020
My university submitted my documents through their electronic portal options.
I got it quite fast. They seem to be still running. Just not fast due to COVID for physical documents.

I did it this month.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
9th July: 1st delivery attempt failed
13th july: delivery was successful

note: its not yet updated in WES
Wow within 4 days? You’re lucky. My documents are still waiting in the postal office since 22nd of June.

My university submitted my documents through their electronic portal options.
I got it quite fast. They seem to be still running. Just not fast due to COVID for physical documents.

I did it this month.
I understand. I just wouldn’t trust my university taking initiative to do that.

Recent update: Interestingly, WES finally picked up my documents today. June 22 delivery attempt - July 20 delivery success.

Last edited:

aman8567

Aug 9, 2020
I am in the same boat.
It was first attempted on 5 aug but Business temporarily closed; item on hold this is what showing.
Hoping it should deliver asap