+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for FSW candidate claiming points for Canadian experience

Canadazzle

Jan 2, 2017
Hello Seniors,

Need some advise on the below:

Background: I am a FSW outland candidate but was deputed from an Indian IT company (TCS) to Canada from Sep 2007 to Mar 2009.
And as such, I am claiming points for 1 year of Canadian experience. I recently received ITA based on these points.

However, my employer has strictly refused to mention anything on my Canadian experience in the experience letter. Unfortunately, I don't have any pay stubs prove my work experience in Canada either. Moreover, my employer could not provide me the duplicate pay stubs as it is beyond their data retention window (meaning they delete employee records that are older than 7 years). For the same reason, I couldn't get the bank statement for my salary account either.

What I am planning to do:
As a work around, I am planning to provide the following documents:

1. Experience letter from the employer in a standard format; It doesn't mention hours of work, salary details and anything related to Canada exp.
2. Reference letter from my last onsite manager on an affidavit covering all (India + Canada) the required information. He is still with the company in Canada.
3. Reference letter from my last offshore manager on an affidavit covering all (India + Canada) the required information. He is still with the company in India.
4. Deputation letter that mentions the start date in Canada and salary.
5. T4 for tax year 2007, 2008 and 2009

Questions:
1. Are the above documents sufficient to prove my work experience in Canada?

2. Is reference letter from senior/manager on affidavit as good as a experience letter on company letter head? Or, I must substantiate the details in the reference letter by other official documents?

3. I have requested CRA (Canadian revenue Agency) to send out my NOA (Notices of Assessment) for tax year 2007 and 2008 to my India address but I am not sure I will get them on time. Are NOA required if I am providing T4 slips? I ask this question because I won't have NOA for 2009 as I haven't filed tax return for that year. Or, It is advisable to provide whatever I got viz. T4 for 2007/8/9 and NOA for 2007/8?

4. Is it possible to file tax return for 2009 and mention in the LOE that I have filed now and will share NOA with IRCC when I get it?

5. Is there any other document that I can provide to compensate for company reference letter / pay stubs / salary account statement?

Sorry about the long post but would really appreciate any suggestion/advice on this as I have to submit my application soon.. Thanks.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Can you ask your managers to give you a letter according to CIC format on company letterhead? Either HR or immediate supervisor can issue the letter.

You need to submit T4 of all years of Canadian experience.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The T4s from 2007-2009 will prove that you worked there, but they will not be able to indicate the number of hours per week your worked. So you need to prove at least 30 hours per week over that period. Pay stub would be ideal for this. Bank statements would not be necessary if you have T4.

Having your colleagues/managers write statements supporting you would help. In addition to the number of hours worked per week, you also need to prove your duties/responsibilities for the VO to assess your claim for a particular NOC.

Canadazzle said:
No one here can answer this question definitively.

Canadazzle said:
2. Is reference letter from senior/manager on affidavit as good as a experience letter on company letter head? Or, I must substantiate the details in the reference letter by other official documents?
Nothing is as good as the employment reference letter on company letterhead. You should expect to submit as many documents and statements as possible to make up for a reference letter.

Canadazzle said:
3. I have requested CRA (Canadian revenue Agency) to send out my NOA (Notices of Assessment) for tax year 2007 and 2008 to my India address but I am not sure I will get them on time. Are NOA required if I am providing T4 slips? I ask this question because I won't have NOA for 2009 as I haven't filed tax return for that year. Or, It is advisable to provide whatever I got viz. T4 for 2007/8/9 and NOA for 2007/8?

4. Is it possible to file tax return for 2009 and mention in the LOE that I have filed now and will share NOA with IRCC when I get it?
You don't need notices of assessment if you have T4s. There is no additional information that will help your case.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Canadazzle said:
Questions:

No guarantees, but it should suffice.

NO need for an "affidavit" - just a letter with contact information.

5. Is there any other document that I can provide to compensate for company reference letter / pay stubs / salary account statement?

You do not need paystubs, unless you have no other documentation. For Canada, the T4 will suffice. Better to also have the NOAs, and yes, you can file a late return for 2009 (it's a good idea), but would probably be better to not submit any NOA unless you have them all.

Canadazzle

Jan 2, 2017
xpressentry said:
Can you ask your managers to give you a letter according to CIC format on company letterhead? Either HR or immediate supervisor can issue the letter.

HR refused to give anything on company letterhead. Managers are not authorized to give it on letterhead. They kindly agreed for an affidavit. But I am not sure it will be of any use.

You need to submit T4 of all years of Canadian experience.

Yeah, I am providing T4 of years of Canadian experience.

Canadazzle

Jan 2, 2017
picklee said:
The T4s from 2007-2009 will prove that you worked there, but they will not be able to indicate the number of hours per week your worked. So you need to prove at least 30 hours per week over that period. Pay stub would be ideal for this. Bank statements would not be necessary if you have T4.
Thanks picklee. One question - you mentioned Pay stubs would be ideal to prove number of hours. can you explain how because they usually do not explicitly mention the number of hours worked in a week.

Moreover, the standard reference letter I received from the employer mentions that I was full time employed with them for the entire duration. As the entire duration also covers the time I worked in Canada, can it not be used as a proof for the number of hours worked?

Canadazzle

Jan 2, 2017
Thanks Jes_ON. Appreciate it.

I was wondering if anybody in a similar situation could successfully got PR!!! ??? ??? :'(

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadazzle said:
Thanks picklee. One question - you mentioned Pay stubs would be ideal to prove number of hours. can you explain how because they usually do not explicitly mention the number of hours worked in a week.

Moreover, the standard reference letter I received from the employer mentions that I was full time employed with them for the entire duration. As the entire duration also covers the time I worked in Canada, can it not be used as a proof for the number of hours worked?
Depends on the employer. If you are working hourly, then you will have hours on your pay stubs. It would be better to have your letter state the number of hours worked per week, since this is a requirement of the letter. If full time means 40 hours per week, then ask your employer to add that specifically to the letter.

Canadazzle

Jan 2, 2017
picklee said:
Depends on the employer. If you are working hourly, then you will have hours on your pay stubs. It would be better to have your letter state the number of hours worked per week, since this is a requirement of the letter. If full time means 40 hours per week, then ask your employer to add that specifically to the letter.
Thanks Picklee. Much appreciated.

No, I wasn't working hourly. So guess pay stubs wouldn't help me.

I have tried with my employer multiple times to include number of hours per week but without any success. The letter just says full-time. If I include number of hours worked per week in the affidavit signed by my manager, will that suffice. I am struggling to find any evidence to substantiate it. Even My offer/appointment letter or Canada deputation letter do not mention anything about number of hours.

Do you think I can prove it any any other means?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadazzle said:
Thanks Picklee. Much appreciated.

No, I wasn't working hourly. So guess pay stubs wouldn't help me.

I have tried with my employer multiple times to include number of hours per week but without any success. The letter just says full-time. If I include number of hours worked per week in the affidavit signed by my manager, will that suffice. I am struggling to find any evidence to substantiate it. Even My offer/appointment letter or Canada deputation letter do not mention anything about number of hours.

Do you think I can prove it any any other means?
In this case, your best option would be to include in your LOE that you attempted to get hours worked in your reference letter, but your employer would not oblige. VO will probably investigate by calling said employer to verify their standard of full time. Maybe someone else has experience with this?