+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documents i need to carry

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
Dear Friends
which documents identity and certificates i need to carry from India for my landing in canada...like identity certificates etc...for applying SIN and PR card under fsw..please help thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hsingh35 said:
Dear Friends
which documents identity and certificates i need to carry from India for my landing in canada...like identity certificates etc...for applying SIN and PR card under fsw..please help thanks
1. Passport, COPR, Goods accompanying list, Goods to Follow list, proof of funds is FSW1 or 2.

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
thanks for help
good accompanying list is the list of things am bringing in canada like clothes, shaving kits, medicines etc
Good to follow list: which are these items

proof of funds: do i need to show them 11, 824 dollars or the proof which i provided to visa office at the time of PR applictaion
canadian border customs require to declare money over 10000CAD so we have to show only this amount
can we bring only this much amount ie 10000CAD
or can we bring lower amount and rest amount in the form of travellers' cheques

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hsingh35 said:
thanks for help
good accompanying list is the list of things am bringing in canada like clothes, shaving kits, medicines etc
Good to follow list: which are these items

proof of funds: do i need to show them 11, 824 dollars or the proof which i provided to visa office at the time of PR applictaion
canadian border customs require to declare money over 10000CAD so we have to show only this amount
can we bring only this much amount ie 10000CAD
or can we bring lower amount and rest amount in the form of travellers' cheques
You have to prove $11, 824 for a single. It can be in any combination, bank statement, TC, Bank Draft, $1 bills. You have to declare if you are carry over $10K no matter what form it is in. You can bring as much as you want, as long as you declare it. There are not taxes nor duty on money.

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
thanks a lot
do you know which bank in india is good for making bank draft in CAD or traveler cheques is better..please guide

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
hsingh35 said:
thanks a lot
do you know which bank in india is good for making bank draft in CAD or traveler cheques is better..please guide
instead of bank you should consult authorised money changers ,they often charge competetive rates much less than banks thats my experience

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
thanks...can you suggest some money changer name..and i have no bank account in canada so i feel that bank drafts and bank cheques of indian banks wannot be considered as valid on landing
so traveller cheques are better option
am i right

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
hsingh35 said:
thanks...can you suggest some money changer name..and i have no bank account in canada so i feel that bank drafts and bank cheques of indian banks wannot be considered as valid on landing
am i right
hsingh35 said:
am i right
dont worry the dds from indian banks are fully valid e.g OBC is having tie up with scotia bank similarly almost all nationalised banks drafts are honoured
Regarding account u can open it very easily but it will take few days for DD to encash
U can also go for TC. Cash card n cash
If u tell me abt which part of India u reside I Cantrell u abt the changers

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
thank you hargun sir..am from Punjab and i have been told by cox and kings that they would give me traveller cash card i hope that is also good like travller cheque..and OBC means oriental bank of commerce i think...do i need to take medical insurance for the small period i am coming to canada...i will stay for some 25 days initially then for longer period
thanks

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
hsingh35 said:
thank you hargun sir..am from Punjab and i have been told by cox and kings that they would give me traveller cash card i hope that is also good like travller cheque..and OBC means oriental bank of commerce i think...do i need to take medical insurance for the small period i am coming to canada...i will stay for some 25 days initially then for longer period
thanks
cox and kings are comparatively costly n cash card is a debatable source of fund proof better rely on cash, Tc or draft. Better take some medical insurance if u r going to ontario BC or Quebec
By the way whn r u leaving

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks you..am leaving next month..medical insurance is to be bought from india or from canada..which medical insurance is good in canada..i am staying for short period is 25 days only in canada for the first time

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
hsingh35 said:
Thanks you..am leaving next month..medical insurance is to be bought from india or from canada..which medical insurance is good in canada..i am staying for short period is 25 days only in canada for the first time
you can go for any as both hav got their own benefits sa ins in India is cheap but the canadian ins is assumingly more acceptable
But in canada it has got window period of upto 7 days during which u r not covered