+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for Work Experience for which CRS points are not claimed

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I completed 4 years of professional work experience with two companies, in Oct 2016. I have claimed points for this work experience only and have received the reference letters from both the companies. After Oct 2016, I worked for two companies and left both of them within two months each and I have a clear exit from these organizations. These companies will not provide the reference letters under any circumstances and I won't need them either as I have maxed out the points for work experience through my first two employers. I am currently working with my Uncle and helping the family in our family business (been 5 months now). I have not claimed points for these three activities and have marked them under Personal History and explained the same in the Letter of Explanation.

Will I need any documents to prove this work experience at a later stage? I only have the offer letters and the relieving letters.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You need to provide reference after ITA for every job you list in the work history section of your EE profile, which counts towards your CRS.
Any job you don't want to claim points for, don't add it to work history and you don't need to provide reference. You can add those after ITA into personal history section of the application form

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
You need to provide reference after ITA for every job you list in the work history section of your EE profile, which counts towards your CRS.
Any job you don't want to claim points for, don't add it to work history and you don't need to provide reference. You can add those after ITA into personal history section of the application form
Thanks mate.

RollinFine

Oct 19, 2018
Hey friend,
Are you totally sure that I can leave out reference letter for any job I did if I do not want to claim points?
What about the paper-based PR, do I need to attach reference letter for my employment if I mention it in the personal history?