+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Upload - File Size Too Big

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am trying to upload my documents after ITA, but I am having problem with the file size limit. My Bank statements around 40 Pages and my employment record document is around 66 pages. No matter what I do, I a not able to get the file size under 9 mb and the maximum allowed is 4 mb. Can someone please have a look at my document list and tell me if I am uploading unnecessary documents? -

Bank Statements - (40 Pages)
1. Balance Certificate
2. last 6 months bank statements

Employment Proof - (66 pages)
1. 2 x Offer Letters
2. 2 x Employment Reference Letters
3. 1 year payslips for current job (weekly - this alone is 52 pages)

Do I really have to provide all these documents? My invitation expires in 6 days. So have to upload these as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
If your funds are 6 months old, you don't require bank statements. If they aint try lowering the dpi and compress it or use any online applications.

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
If your funds are 6 months old, you don't require bank statements. If they aint try lowering the dpi and compress it or use any online applications.
Tried all of that. Nothing works. Employment proof document is ready thanks to you. My balance certificate shows 3 accounts. One of the accounts is a transaction account so 30 pages. Other two accounts are savings with more than enough balance that I have claimed. Should I just leave the transaction account out of the documents?

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Give the statements of only the account that satisfies the requirements of proof of funds. You don't need to attach statements of all the accounts.

As mentioned above that your savings accounts has the balance, if that satisfies the cut off of the POF you don't need to attach the transaction account statements

Reactions: acousticsguy

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Having funds of 6 months old doesn't define whether bank statements are needed or not.
It's the potentially missing required information in the bank letter, most often it's the average 6 months balance.
If an information is missing in the bank letter (even if funds are 6 months old), it's strongly recommended to provide 6 months bank statements so that they could work the details out.

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upload my documents after ITA, but I am having problem with the file size limit. My Bank statements around 40 Pages and my employment record document is around 66 pages. No matter what I do, I a not able to get the file size under 9 mb and the maximum allowed is 4 mb. Can someone please have a look at my document list and tell me if I am uploading unnecessary documents? -

Bank Statements - (40 Pages)
1. Balance Certificate
2. last 6 months bank statements

Employment Proof - (66 pages)
1. 2 x Offer Letters
2. 2 x Employment Reference Letters
3. 1 year payslips for current job (weekly - this alone is 52 pages)

Do I really have to provide all these documents? My invitation expires in 6 days. So have to upload these as soon as possible.

Thanks!
About bank statements:
If your bank letter (balance certificate) contains 100% of the required information by IRCC, no need to include bank statements. If a single info is missing (mostly it's the average 6 months balance), then do include bank statements.

Plus, you don't need to show all of your accounts. If for example you have one account with all the required proof of funds, just show that one.

About employment proof:
Offer letters are not necessary. Only include them if you have critical information in them to complement a missing information in your reference letter (most often it's duties). If your reference letter contains all the required information, no need for offer letter.

For payslips, as suggested by @Tousif_27 , 1 year payslips is overkill. Just select a few to prove you properly received your salary. What some people do is first 2-3 and last 2-3. But again, if your reference letter is 100% okay, it's optional.

Reactions: acousticsguy

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Having funds of 6 months old doesn't define whether bank statements are needed or not.
It's the potentially missing required information in the bank letter, most often it's the average 6 months balance.
If an information is missing in the bank letter (even if funds are 6 months old), it's strongly recommended to provide 6 months bank statements so that they could work the details out.

About bank statements:
If your bank letter (balance certificate) contains 100% of the required information by IRCC, no need to include bank statements. If a single info is missing (mostly it's the average 6 months balance), then do include bank statements.

Plus, you don't need to show all of your accounts. If for example you have one account with all the required proof of funds, just show that one.

About employment proof:
Offer letters are not necessary. Only include them if you have critical information in them to complement a missing information in your reference letter (most often it's duties). If your reference letter contains all the required information, no need for offer letter.

For payslips, as suggested by @Tousif_27 , 1 year payslips is overkill. Just select a few to prove you properly received your salary. What some people do is first 2-3 and last 2-3. But again, if your reference letter is 100% okay, it's optional.
I'm contemplating whether to provide 6 months of Savings bank and Credit Card statements. Can you please help if those are at all required based on below information:
My POF Letter on bank letterhead contain the following information:
- Account Holder Name
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date
- Current Balance in Account (both in local currency and CAD)
- Last 6 Months' average balance in account (both in local currency and CAD)
- Address, Phone Number, Email ID of the Bank Branch + Bank Website
- Mentioned that "there is no hold on the account for the fund mentioned"

Only thing which is lacking is the mention of "No Outstanding Debt", but I do not have any loan or credit card with that bank, but have credit cards with 2 other banks. So, IMO even the Savings Bank statement will not provide any extra information than Letter, but if I provide statements for Savings Bank and 2 credit cards, that may be useful.

Can you please suggest if I need to provide these or just the bank letter should be fine.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I'm contemplating whether to provide 6 months of Savings bank and Credit Card statements. Can you please help if those are at all required based on below information:
My POF Letter on bank letterhead contain the following information:
- Account Holder Name
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date
- Current Balance in Account (both in local currency and CAD)
- Last 6 Months' average balance in account (both in local currency and CAD)
- Address, Phone Number, Email ID of the Bank Branch + Bank Website
- Mentioned that "there is no hold on the account for the fund mentioned"

Only thing which is lacking is the mention of "No Outstanding Debt", but I do not have any loan or credit card with that bank, but have credit cards with 2 other banks. So, IMO even the Savings Bank statement will not provide any extra information than Letter, but if I provide statements for Savings Bank and 2 credit cards, that may be useful.

Can you please suggest if I need to provide these or just the bank letter should be fine.
The account based on which you made the letter, is it the only account you're using for POF and it has all the necessary funds?
If so, you can use just this account. No need for the accounts where you have credit cards.

Your bank letter looks great! On this account, not having "No Outstanding Debt" isn't a deal breaker, but I'd suggest you still provide bank statements to clearly show you don't have any debts on that account.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
The account based on which you made the letter, is it the only account you're using for POF and it has all the necessary funds?
If so, you can use just this account. No need for the accounts where you have credit cards.

Your bank letter looks great! On this account, not having "No Outstanding Debt" isn't a deal breaker, but I'd suggest you still provide bank statements to clearly show you don't have any debts on that account.
Firstly, thanks a lot for your super prompt response :)

I am using this single Savings Account for POF and it has around 40% more balance than required POF for our family of 3. The thing is, I pay my 2 credit card bills from this account through online transfer, so those Debits will be clearly visible in the account statements. That's why I'm feeling if I have to provide statements, I should provide savings + 2 credit cards, else not provide any statements. What would you suggest?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Firstly, thanks a lot for your super prompt response :)

I am using this single Savings Account for POF and it has around 40% more balance than required POF for our family of 3. The thing is, I pay my 2 credit card bills from this account through online transfer, so those Debits will be clearly visible in the account statements. That's why I'm feeling if I have to provide statements, I should provide savings + 2 credit cards, else not provide any statements. What would you suggest?
OK. Savings + 2 CC works well.
Just include this in LoE to put in some clarification.