16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Hello!

I am a permanent resident of Canada since a year now and currently living with my aunt (mother's sister) and uncle at their home. At the moment I am in the process of giving exams to qualify to work in Canada in my profession (I used to be a dentist back in India) and not employed. I wish to apply for a TRV on behalf of my mother for her to come and visit me, my aunt and my cousin who is expecting a baby in May. My Mom is unemployed with no sources of income and my dad is a retired bank employee. My dad will not be accompanying my mom on this visit. We plan to submit the following documents for the application:

1. My mom's savings account balance
2. A joint savings account with my dad
3. My mom's investments
4. My dad's savings accounts
5. My dad's fixed deposits
6. My dad's investments and PPF account
7. Dad's income tax returns for past 2 years (My Mom does not earn and has no ITRs)
8. House in Dad's name
9. Rent receipt with my Mom as joint tenant (She pays rent every month)
10. Old visa stamps from back in 1982 when she visited my aunt in Canada - That was her one and only international visit
11. Letter of Invitation from my aunt and uncle
12. Financial documents and citizenship proof of my aunt and uncle
13. Copies of my PR card and proof of enrollment for upcoming examination
14. Flight itinerary
15. Proof of relationship between my mom, aunt and me

Are these documents enough or should I include anything more? Under reason, we plan to mention that my aunt and uncle want to invite her to celebrate the birth of my cousin's child. The visit duration would be a month and a half. Also, should my Dad provide a letter saying that my mom will have access to his funds for the duration of the trip?

I would be grateful for any inputs and suggestions to make the application stronger. I plan to apply online within 2-3 days. Thank you for your time and patience

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Do keep your mom's visit to 2-3 weeks max.

2. Except for your dad, your mom has no other strong ties to India + no personal finances. This makes her application quite weak.

3. Your dad's documents like FDs, PPF, property ownership, etc will not help your mom's application.

1. My mom's savings account balance
Your mom must explain the source of money in her bank account as she doesn't work/no income. Hope there are no large deposits.

9. Rent receipt with my Mom as joint tenant (She pays rent every month)
This won't help. To be able to pay the rent, one must have a source of income. As your dad earns/pays the rent, having rent receipts on your mom's name are not ties/the rent is not a reason for her to return to India.

Under reason, we plan to mention that my aunt and uncle want to invite her to celebrate the birth of my cousin's child.
A huge no-no. It will seem like your mom is visiting to take care of your cousin/cousin's baby = working illegally on a TRV

Also, should my Dad provide a letter saying that my mom will have access to his funds for the duration of the trip?
Yes, your dad must include a letter of financial support + 6 months' bank statements (his) + 1 years' ITRs (his)

7. Dad's income tax returns for past 2 years (My Mom does not earn and has no ITRs)
3. My mom's investments
As your mom has investments, she earns. She must file her ITRs even if it is below the taxable limit.

What type of investments? Are they locked-in or can be liquidated, if required?

Does your mom live with any other family member/dependent family?

Does your mom have to return to India for any specific reason? If yes, can you submit evidence for this?

Cheers

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Hi Bryanna!

Thank you for your reply.

What type of investments? Are they locked-in or can be liquidated, if required? - A few are locked in and a few may be liquidated if required.

Does your mom live with any other family member/dependent family? - Just my Dad. I am an only child

Does your mom have to return to India for any specific reason? If yes, can you submit evidence for this? - There's no specific reason as such. But she does need to pay yearly premiums for the investments that are due in different months of the year. Also, the rented house is jointly in my Mom and her aunt's name. Her aunt passed away a couple of years back and my mom pays the rent solely. So she would have to come back for that.

Warm regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But she does need to pay yearly premiums for the investments that are due in different months of the year.
These premiums can be paid online.

Also, the rented house is jointly in my Mom and her aunt's name. Her aunt passed away a couple of years back and my mom pays the rent solely. So she would have to come back for that.
Unfortunately, this is not a compelling reason to return.
1. Your mom does not have any source of income. So basically, the rent is paid by your dad.

2. PDCs (Post Dated Cheques)/bank transfers/direct debits would negate the need for your mom to return to pay the rent

3. Your mom does not live at that address

You'll have to think of some other good reason to show why your mom must return home by a specific date. It would've helped if your mom owned property/land (not shared ownership) or had previous travel history

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
Received PPR for mother's application! Thank you Bryanna

I had submitted the TRV application online on my mother's behalf on 2nd April. Received PPR today, exactly a month later. ;D Thank you Bryanna and all the previous posters on the forum! Good luck to all other applicants

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Re: Received PPR for mother's application! Thank you Bryanna

linsub said:
I had submitted the TRV application online on my mother's behalf on 2nd April. Received PPR today, exactly a month later. ;D Thank you Bryanna and all the previous posters on the forum! Good luck to all other applicants
Fantastic :) :)

Enjoy a wonderful holiday with your mom