+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Required for family sponsor from different country

Oct 9, 2018
Hi,
My parents are stay on nepal since starting and they have nepali nationality. From childhood i'am staying in india, and i've indian nationality and i'm planing to go canada to complete my study from india. I just want to know how should i sponsor my parents to visit canada from different country? What are the process i have to follow?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
My parents are stay on nepal since starting and they have nepali nationality. From childhood i'am staying in india, and i've indian nationality and i'm planing to go canada to complete my study from india. I just want to know how should i sponsor my parents to visit canada from different country? What are the process i have to follow?
You mentioned going to Canada to complete your study but you aren't clear if you are a permanent resident of Canada or citizen of Canada.
OR are you getting study visa?
If you are not PR or citizen of Canada, you cannot sponsor your parents to be PRs.

There is no "sponsorship" for getting a visitor visa, if that's what you are asking about.
Check the visitor or foreign student session for more information in that case.

Oct 9, 2018
Yes that I understood I can't sponsor without citizen of Canada. This is regarding to after got PR. Should I sponsor my parents they are stay on different country after I got PR?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes that I understood I can't sponsor without citizen of Canada. This is regarding to after got PR. Should I sponsor my parents they are stay on different country after I got PR?
It's a long time before you can sponsor them. The immigration procedure has been changing for parents and grandparents sponsorship the last few years.
Stopped, then started again with first come first serve with a limit of paper applications, then switched to lottery, then it's going to be changed back to first come first serve with limit of 20,000 applications.

There is a 3 years minimum income (Canadian) you need to qualify to sponsor them. And who knows what will be the new rule in 5 to 10 years. (when you finished your study and get PR and accumulated 3 years of LICO on tax that you filed)

Also, your parents need to stay in Canada for certain number of days to retain their PR status once they landed. So only apply if they want to move and live in Canada.