+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist - Express Entry PR application

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Fellow express entry people,

I am in the process of finishing my online PR application. I am stuck on the document checklist section. I hope someone can answer my doubts.

In the checklist I see the following 3 documents.

1. Employment Records current job (required)
2.Offer of Employment (required)
3. Letter of Employment (required)

I am a little confused about these. I understand that for offer of employment, I need to upload my employment contract. What is difference between 1 and 3? I know that we have to get a experience letter from our employer, but are they also asking for a separate reference letter?

PS - I was a student in canada and got a job more than a year ago. This is the only full time job I have ever done.

Please advise on how should i proceed?

Thanks in advance !!!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepi06 said:

I am in the process of finishing my online PR application. I am stuck on the document checklist section. I hope someone can answer my doubts.

I am a little confused about these. I understand that for offer of employment, I need to upload my employment contract. What is difference between 1 and 3? I know that we have to get a experience letter from our employer, but are they also asking for a separate reference letter?

PS - I was a student in canada and got a job more than a year ago. This is the only full time job I have ever done.

Thanks in advance !!!
Please look at this thread for explanation on the above

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wtf-whats-the-difference-between-employment-record-and-letter-of-employment-t318512.0.html

tess07

Mar 3, 2015
deepi06 said:

Thanks in advance !!!
Hi deepi,

I was in the same boat and have also only had 1 full time job in Canada after I graduated. I wrote to the CIC about this and this was their response:

"The Employment Record refers to your work experience in Canada, which you may provide a “Record of Employment (ROE)” that was issued by a former Canadian employer, letter(s) of reference from your current and past employers, a copy of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency, or a copy of the employment authorization. If providing your tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to protect this personal information.

The Offer of Employment is your offer of permanent, non-seasonal full-time employment from a Canadian employer.

The Letter of Employment is a reference letter from all the employers you had indicated in your profile (Canadian and foreign work experience). The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates the you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and the your annual salary plus benefits.

These letters should be an official document printed on company letterhead and must include the your name; the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address); and the name, title and signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company."

Essentially, my Employment Record letter and my Letter of Employment were identical. I just got my HR department to title the two accordingly even though the body of the letters are the same. Just make sure with the Employment Record letter you also attach all the pay stubs, T4, etc. that they need within the same pdf.

Hope this helps!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And both of you need to upload job offer letters for your LMIA supported jobs in the Offer of Employment' placeholder.

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for bringing up the subject .
I have only foreign work experience .
I have a Canadian job offer supported with LMIA . I am currently in Canada on a study permit.

What should I present for letter of employmentAnd for employment records and for job offer.
Cheers

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
Thanks for bringing up the subject .
I have only foreign work experience .
I have a Canadian job offer supported with LMIA . I am currently in Canada on a study permit.

What should I present for letter of employmentAnd for employment records and for job offer.
Cheers
Job offer letter is a future focused letter about your prospective job. Make sure it includes the words Permanent, non-seasonal and full time.

Letter of employment is a past focused letter about the terms of your current employment.

Employment records are past focused work reference letters about your work experiences including your current job.

Typically, CIC wants these on company letterheads with contact details and following details,

Applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address

Name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company

All positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details - job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips, Notices of Assessment (NOA) and Option C printouts issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe, e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years).

Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply

Does that mean I should present the same document for employment records and for letter of employment. I'm guessing the job offer document is the contract I signed which showed how many hours of work , pay , for how long .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
Thank you for the reply

Does that mean I should present the same document for employment records and for letter of employment.

Probably. If you have nothing else to show for past experiences.

I'm guessing the job offer document is the contract I signed which showed how many hours of work , pay , for how long .

Yes.