+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doctors from india

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
Hi I'm mbbs graduate from india with 5 yrs exp and my husband is Md med with 3 yrs exp. If we do not wish to practice medicine in Canada how to apply for PR? Is it still mandatory to appear for mcc exams or exemption from it ? Also how to first get credentials verified from mcc or Wes? I checked we are qualifying for 461 points? How to lodge an application. Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you don’t want to practice medicine then you don’t have to. Get degrees assessed and take language tests to apply. 461 is not enough to get an invitation right now & it is not known whether scores will come down to 460.

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
If you don’t want to practice medicine then you don’t have to. Get degrees assessed and take language tests to apply. 461 is not enough to get an invitation right now & it is not known whether scores will come down to 460.
Thanks for prompt reply. How can one increase scores ? I have 3+ exp and I can better my scores in language test too but apart from that what else can be done ? Also for qualifications to get assessed I have to make an account on physicians.ca

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
Hi I'm 33 now. And I don't want to lose more time. Is studying another degree in Canada have any effect coz I'm in two minds about it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you married? And are you bilingual? If you aren’t then your score may be lower than 461. You can look at taking a masters in Canada. But to get a study permit you need to show why you need to do a masters in Canada and how it helps your career in your home country. And you don’t want to practice medicin?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
If all your work experience is working as a doctor, then you will not be able to use any other profession as your primary profession. You need at least one year of continuous, full-time experience in another profession to qualify for FSW under that profession.

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
If all your work experience is working as a doctor, then you will not be able to use any other profession as your primary profession. You need at least one year of continuous, full-time experience in another profession to qualify for FSW under that profession.
Okay but then I contacted an agent who said that with my work exp and profile assessment assuming I get ielts 8777 around 460 points I can get fsw.

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
Are you married? And are you bilingual? If you aren’t then your score may be lower than 461. You can look at taking a masters in Canada. But to get a study permit you need to show why you need to do a masters in Canada and how it helps your career in your home country. And you don’t want to practice medicin?
I'm married. Bilingual no I don't speak French. My score I calculated with assumption that ielts I'll get 8777 for clb 9 .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because I did calculator with 67 points so I scored around 73 including spouse points for ielts.
I was asking about your CRS score because as a single person, you wouldn’t have that score of 461. If your spouse is younger than 30, is her score higher with her as the primary applicant? You have few options other than become fluent in French or further education? Your spouse could further her studies (masters).

Doctrip

Oct 22, 2020
Okay so it means the agents are trying to misguide us it seems. Coz they said you are eligible for express entry . So spouse is 30+ as well but I m confused as one scoring system mentions 12 points for 18-35. Is it diff. What's the minimum score to get invite