+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you recommend immigration consultants?

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
Battleschool said:
My wife and I did a lot of research, reading on this forum, searching government websites, and reviewing of our application. We felt confident that we were as ready as we could be. Still, as Angtao said, this is a big deal, and we didn't want to make any mistakes that would delay the process.

We found a consultant that, rather than doing all the work, would just meet with us for a single consultation for something like $100. We met him armed with questions as to what to expect from immigration, requests for clarification on how to fill out some questions... things like that.

Even after all the time we had personally spent preparing for the application, we still found some small details that made the process much easier. For example, he recommended us a place to get the medical exam done that was half the price of the place we had found ourselves. That alone made his fee worth it.

We came out of the meeting with our questions answered, and much more confident that we could handle the immigration process. Actually, as I write this, it reminds me I should send him a thank you (we landed a while back, no problems).

If anyone is looking for someone in the K-W area, his name is Chris Daw. Our experience was very positive.
This is what we did too - we were completely confused about the whole process and didn't want to screw things up, so we had an hour long meeting with a lawyer that cost us about $200, and he answered all our basic questions.

There have been many stories on here about people who had someone else fill out the forms for them, and mistakes were made on basic information (such as one parent deceased, etc) that influenced the decisions of the VO's. Simple mistakes like that wouldn't be made if you fill out the forms yourself. I read through everything I could find on this website and others, made sure everything was filled out correctly, sent in tons of evidence, and my husband got his PPR in less than 5 months. Many many others have done it all themselves too!

Websites like this are invaluable, thank you so much to everyone who posts on here for the advice you give!!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello
Well me and my husband decided to hire a lawyer I was never aware of immigration consultants, so alot of ppl were taking about this immigration consultant that shes very good and has helped alot of ppl get there prs, so we decided to go with her and she was very nice and has always answered my questions via email or phone, she has patient, I had no idea what to do with the application plus I didnt want a single mistake making this process to hold us back any longer, plus am a young mom with a 2 yr old child back then and didnt have time to be reading and filling things and ya on a other note my husband was illegal so we had to give himself in before we left and apply for an ARC which back then I didnt even know what the hell that was so thats why I thought I really needed someone help.The immigration consultant just told me to bring pics not originals but copies, and how the letters written by our realtives should be a brief explanation and what documents to bring all that and asked us to fill out some questions about me and my husband, but it was not actul application, it was like a questionnaire written by her but I guess in a easier way to understand the actual question, plus she had it in spanish so my husband could easily fill it out, so I really dont have to complain about her, as for my process in August immigration called us to tell my husband to leave to canda but it was only 5 days so we said no, so he had to redo his medicals, and now its been to weeks soo anytime now my hubby will get his passport back with visa stamped :D, As well the immigratrion consultant just charged us $2000, but paying every month $200 or watever u can, but when my husband had to leave canada we owed her $600, so once we return we will pay her but she never asked for the money while we are out of canada, so she is really nice for me :)

M

mrsh

i dont recommend immigration consultant or lawyers.
the process can be done easily when you read and follow the instructions at the CIC website ;D ;D ;D

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
No, one of them scammed me for three years and now I’m fighting a deportation order. Get an immigration lawyer if you must, not a consultant. Or just do the consultation, gain the knowledge but do not hire them.