+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian permanent resident

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Those properties are not currently rented out.

Got it, thank you, Bryanna!
1. Do you have someone who can invite you? Maybe a relative?

2. Can you prove you have 1-2 compelling reasons to return to your home country? Or maybe some travel/event that's planned after your Canada visit?

IMO, you have a 50-50 chance. A TRV approval would depend on how well you prepare your paperwork

quickyfinger

Feb 1, 2018

2. Can you prove you have 1-2 compelling reasons to return to your home country? Or maybe some travel/event that's planned after your Canada visit?

IMO, you have a 50-50 chance. A TRV approval would depend on how well you prepare your paperwork
Appreciate your assessment. To answer your questions:

A: Unfortunately not

A: If it's travel that's planned after my Canada visit, what documents should I provide? would a travel plan suffice or I also need hotel booking etc?

That being said, if I provide proofs for my ownership of properties, savings and financial investments, would that raise red flag because VO might question the source of those investments given I am retired?

Also my son and I are planning to travel to Germany and Austria for vacation in mid-November this year, would you recommend applying for Canada visitor visa afterwards, or it doesn't really matter?

quickyfinger

Feb 1, 2018
My Canada visitor visa has just been approved!
Special thanks to Bryanna, without your help and clarification this won't be possible!

Given my special circumstances (please refer to my previous posts in this thread), I included additional documents such as property deeds, certificate of deposits, proof of financial investments, travel plan, proof of retirement, and a letter of explanation to strengthen my case. It seems that they help convince the VO that I have enough compelling reasons to return to my home country.

It took only 5 days from the date I submitted my application to the date I received Original Passport Request for those who are interested.

Hope my experience could help those who are in the similar boat