+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory

kuswara1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
While creating a profile at Express Entry; I face a question which asks:

Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?
=> i could not understand this question clearly. Please help me to interpret this question:
Is it asking whether I have attended a University in Canada. OR, Do I have my ECA for my own country's education ?
Unless I understand this question I cannot choose options as YES or NO. Please suggest me !

rgd,
kuswara1

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
No, neither.

"A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces and territories can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

The requirements to be certified in a trade are different in each province. For more details, you should consult the website of the body that governs trades for the province/territory where you would like to live and work."

So no, a degree is not a "certificate of qualification", has nothing to do with whether you went to school in Canada or not.

Dentist D.M.D

Feb 8, 2015
Hi,
I am a dentist... I did not study in Canada, but I have passed all the qualification examinations done by the national dental examining board of Canada (NDEB), and then I have been certified with a "certification of qualification"... it is not from a specific province or territory but from the NDEB... So should I reply yes to the above question or are you talking about something else??
Thank you

gh6506

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Im a registered apprentice in a skill trade,can i choose "yes" in this section?
thanks!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dentist - no. you don't work in a trade.

apprentice - no, you haven't got the cert yet to work in your trade. once you complete the apprenticeship, then yes.

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
Hi....
i have done PGD in Project mgmt from Canada. Will it be considered for certificate of qualification...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Ischaan said:
Hi....
i have done PGD in Project mgmt from Canada. Will it be considered for certificate of qualification...
No. As mentioned previously in this thread, this applies to skilled trades.

Uttam Mahara

Dec 13, 2017
Am confused with this question help me..
Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory??

I am post graduate from Ontario currently working in NOC code 6311 - Food service supervisors, from past 10 months so for above question I should say Yes or No? I dont have LMIA but my job is under NOC code 'B'.

Thanks

Ravneet0801

Sep 16, 2019
I am a registered practical nurse. I am registered with CNO and have cpr and first aid certificate. Should i say yes?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a registered practical nurse. I am registered with CNO and have cpr and first aid certificate. Should i say yes?
You should say no. Nursing is not a trade.

sahil010

Dec 2, 2022
Hello everyone,
Thanks for info and the thread. I was wondering, I have OTL - Other Than Life license certified by Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario. I am basically, an Insurance Agent solely allowed to practice in Ontario, was trained by TD Insurance and still affiliated with them. Will I be eligible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Thanks for info and the thread. I was wondering, I have OTL - Other Than Life license certified by Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario. I am basically, an Insurance Agent solely allowed to practice in Ontario, was trained by TD Insurance and still affiliated with them. Will I be eligible?
No. It only applies to trades.